Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing

What is it about fishing that interests people?

I'm in Australia (on a flying 4-day visit for a wedding) and just spent a day getting pissed as a pudding on a river in Queensland fishing and "pumping for yabbies". Yet apart from the beer and the sun I have no idea what the fun of fishing is (unless it is the, er, beer and the sun) - just some poor tiddler of a bream getting a spike through his face.

I think I may have missed the point. So are there any OTF fishers?

Fishing

It's the epic battle of wits. The comparison of IQs. Man on fish. Mano a fino. Who can come out on top in this great struggle for supremacy?

It can't be the sun, since you see loads of people doing it in England too.

Comment

Fishing

Mates of mine who go fishing give me the strong impression that it's an excuse to spend a whole day away from the missus, sat alone in a quiet, contemplative atmosphere. I don't know why they don't just become Arsenal fans.

Comment

Fishing

It's a disgusting cruel antiquated bloodsport! Stop it!

Before s pedant comes along, yes,angling, yes.

Comment

Fishing

Come on Rhino, let's get the parody thread over with. Just one letter to change.

Comment

Fishing

Ha ha ha.

I imagine fishing to be the dullest activity known to man. And I would have no idea how I'd manage to whack a fish till it's dead once caught. I'd probably feel guilty looking at its sad fishy eyes. Better let somebody more cold-hearted do it for me.

Comment

Working...
            X