British Gas plumbs new depths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone who has ever had to put up with cretinous crap from a utility company, this Court of Appeal judgment from last month in the case of British Gas Trading Ltd v Ferguson should make interesting reading.

I haven't had time to read the whole thing, just a quick skim. But the gist of it is that BG engaged in insanely irrational bullying harassment of an ex-customer who had switched to another gas provider. And, get this, when the poor woman finally lost patience and sued the evil bullying cunts for harassment, they tried, in all fucking shameless seriousness, to argue in court that they weren't liable because the harassment was computer-generated. Absofuckinglutely unbefuckinglievable.

For the non-lawyer readers, I should explain that this is a preliminary judgment in relation to a "striking out" action by BG. In other words, BG were claiming that not only were they not liable, but that the case was such a clear cut no-brainer that it shouldn't even be allowed to proceed to a full trial.

I've got mixed feelings. On the one hand, it's great to see the Court of Appeal telling BG what for, and standing up for common sense and for the helpless Jo Public. On the other hand, it is deeply depressing that a company of that size and public prominence has so little clue about justice or decency that it has the wanton shame to dispute this case.

Utter fucking stupid bastard cunts.

On the other hand, it is deeply predictable that a company of that size and public prominence has so little clue about justice or decency that it has the wanton shame to dispute this case.
    Fixed.

Comment

Working...
    X