X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another Reason to Love Belgium

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...95-401,00.html

Poperinghe crease, you see. Ghents vs players. Boudewijn bowling. It all falls into place.

Comment

Wa ayat al Urbi wrote:
      Poperinghe crease, you see. Ghents vs players. Boudewijn bowling. It all falls into place.

Get out! Yer barred!

Comment

And in other low-level scandals, apparently Gordon Ramsay has played as many games with the Glasgow Rangers as I have.

Okay, I can see him telling a white lie or two early on in his career, but wouldn't you start putting a bit of distance between them and yourself as time wore on and you had real accomplishments to talk about?

Comment

When Ramsay appeared on Radio Four show Desert Island Discs in 2002, Ramsay told host Sue Lawley how he was spotted by a Rangers scout while playing for Oxford United's youth team.
          !!!

How has this taken so long to come out? It's not like appearances in first team games at Old Firm clubs are state secrets.

Comment

I thought the same thing. NOBODY checked into this the first time they read about it...you know...five or ten or fifteen years ago?

Comment

People checking this out fifteen years ago would have needed clairvoyance as well as research skills if he only made the claim in 2002.

Hmmm...people who can foretell resume-building fibs...this could make for a really boring episode of the Dead Zone.

Comment

The article says he's been telling the story since '94.

Comment

Ah well, y'see, I was just going by what's on the thread.

Clicking the link would have meant a far greater commitment to finding out about the life and times of Gordon Ramsay than I could ever possibly possess.

Comment

Working...
                  X