Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TG in Cumbria

Well Cymru to be precise.

I will probably be working all over this country for the coming weeks or months and i am looking forward to it.
    For those who didn't know, Wales is my favourite part of the UK due to the friendliness of the people which has struck me whenever i have been there.
    I am currently in Abertawe which is quite hilly and a pretty city.

Observations so far.
    Not seen a single coalminer, nor groups of men walking around singing in deep voices.
    I have not been attacked due to my english accent or spat out or denied good or services.

I have seen MTRF on TV giving it armchair punditary. I do not know if he was passing on my tactical wisdom as his own as the program was entirely in Welsh.
    With all due respect, Welsh league football is not very good and if i am here next season, i'm bringing my boots for sure.
    They showed highlights of a match on Sgorgio last night and it was Middlesex county league standard.
    However, due to the fact that Wales has about the same population as North London and any half-decent Welsh footballer could probably earn a better living playing in England, this is understandable.
    This is the second most hilliest country i have ever been to (Jamaica is the first) if i go running here, the next marathon will be a piece of cake.
    It would be difficult to learn Welsh (which is was hoping to do) as most people do not speak it as the English killed off the language 100 years ago.

Hopefully, i can pick up more when i move further north.
    Anyway, i'm in Abertawe until next wednesday and then i'll be in Gwent so if any of my Welsh brothers want to meet up for a drink and an Anti-England brigade meeting.

Please excuse the misspelling no offence meant.

TG in Cumbria

Cumbria?????

Comment

TG in Cumbria

Having played football in both London and South Wales I would say one of the reasons the stardard of play in London is higher, is due to the quality of the pitches. When I was playing in Newport 10 years ago, pretty much every match was like playing on the Somme, with very little grass on the pitch and standing water everywhere. In contrast I've only ever worn moulded studs in London, because even in winter the pitches are usually quite hard.

Will be back in Wales as of next week, so if you do have a drink, I might show my face.

Comment

TG in Cumbria

Gangster Octupus, ask MTRF or Cubillas.
        If anyone could suggest where one could get a game 5 a side or 11 a side in the Swansea area over the next week, it would be appreciated.
        Also good restaurants too as i am tired of eating at TGI's Chiquitoes, Ben and Jerries even though i have an expense account.

Comment

TG in Cumbria

Give us a shout when you hit North Wales, it's rather close to my home with the M56 plus I want to go to Wales for a bit of walking in Snowdonia soon.

Comment

TG in Cumbria

OK, i am going to be in Gwent tomorrow and Bridgend Friday. probably either Gwent or Swansea on Monday
            and Swansea Tue-Friday
            then after the bank holiday i will be in Conwy & Denbigshire for the week, then N/E Wales the week after that.

This is subject to change as this job is more political than the house of Commons.

Comment

TG in Cumbria

Cambria, maybe.

Comment

TG in Cumbria

Ah, so currently Malc's in his pre-Cambrian phase...

Comment

TG in Cumbria

I am in Pontypool tomorrow or Mamhilad to be more precise.
                  I have only heard of Pontypool from the grandstand rugby results on grandstand as a kid.

Comment

TG in Cumbria

Tactical Genius wrote:
                    Observations so far.
                    Not seen a single coalminer,
                    If you read papers like The Guardian once in a while, you might know why that is...

Comment

TG in Cumbria

"If you read papers like The Guardian once in a while, you might know why that is..."

I have already googled it and found out the answer. You would have to give a better reason for me to read that paper.

Comment

TG in Cumbria

I'd love to read your review of living in ireland for a month.

Comment

TG in Cumbria

Never mind that. Can we send one of the WSC Welshies to Nigeria to report back, in some kind of exchange scheme?

Comment

Working...
                          X