Open letter to President Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should probably have spent more time drafting this, but I hope you are able to get the honesty instead.

You are currently trying to revive a banking industry that has been riddled with an over-leveraged search for yield that has left your country in its current difficult position. Hundreds of thousands of the responsible parties - both American nationals and foreign citizens - are still employed at these companies, and protected by administration.

One clear part of the answer to dealing with this situation is bringing in new people, objective with the view of the market, objective in dealing with the situations at hand. These people aren't walking in to make quick money - they are fully aware that it is now an impossibility, and given the intense competition and selectivity that has returned to those jobs - they are picking the best people.

America is meant to be a Country that leads by example. You lead with a campaign of "HOPE" and "CHANGE". The labor protection that you have attached to TARP funding is a change for the worse - a short sighted change that will close off talent to those banks, and most likely help them en route to stagnation, or possibly even to be under your full control.

I hoped to make my career in the US. I fought hard to make it possible, brought finance to your country through your education system and believed that there was truly progressive thought at dealing with issues. I was happy to embrace the open market nature, the land of the free, and even defend you against my European friends at times.

Yet you have just slammed the door in my face. I also guarantee they won't even employ an American in my place. The job creation of TARP is job destruction, and I am one of many of your victims.

People decide on your first 100 days. I may not be able to vote, but I do have a voice. I sincerely hope that this protectionist agenda changes fast, as it will lead your country down a very wrong path.

Aye, it's a tremendously silly provision in what is otherwise a very sensible totaly package.

Comment

Can you explain what the protectionist labor provision is and what your status is in relation to it?

Do you live and work in the US?

Do you have a green card or are you on a work visa, or are you applying for a work visa?

Comment

Working...
      X