Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Hotmail fucked?

...any more than usual, that is?

I'm trying to send off a completed job application and every time I try to attach a (second) document (of no significant size) it fucking craps out and takes me back to the 'intro' screen.

Anyone else here use Hotmail and having similar problems?

Is Hotmail fucked?

Scroll down to the bottom of the page that I think you're looking at, Clive, and you get an option to go to your Inbox instead of defaulting to this fucking annoying Today screen or whatever it is. Yes, they are dicking around with Hotmail something rotten.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

Slight update...

Yes, it is.

I've tried from another machine now and the same thing happened again.

Just so you know, like.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

(Cross-posting)

Cheers, Furtho, but it keeps on doing it - you try to attach a file and it jumps out of the 'compose' screen back to the intro screen.

It could just be something on our campus/range of IP addresses, but I don't care - it's still fucking shit!

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

I couldn't forward anything this morning without trying the same thing two or three times - it just kept jumping back to the Inbox, but eventually did work. Why they seem to be trying to combine webmail with Facebook is a bit of a mystery.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

This is why i keep my freeserve address.
            Hotmail can be tempremental in the morning UK time as that is when they do upgrades on the hotmail mail servers.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

Clive, could you set up a new Yahoo (or similar) email account in a few minutes and use that to send the application instead?

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

In the end I sent it from my current work account. Not good - and possibly confusing for them - but there you go.

Can't be bothered to set up any other email accounts. Besides - this is the one stated on my CV. Been using it years. Up 'til recently it's mostly been okay - this is the most potentially serious problem yet, though.

TG - that's interesting about the servers and stuff.

As it is, I'm pretty confident they will have received the mail and the attached docs. All I can do now is keep my fingers crossed on the job front.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

MSN/Messenger is fucked too.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

I have Hotmail for years too. Changing would be almost worse than changing my phone number. I couldn't be bothered.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

Me too, but it is possible to have more than one email address, you know. Good for emergencies.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

*muttermumble* Bloody organised people!

Stop setting a good example, Lucia!

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

I have another e-mail through my internet provider for sending stuff in emergencies.

I also have a G-Mail, but the interface is infuriating.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

I also have a G-Mail
                            Gmail doesn't want a hyphen.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

Latest (boring) update: tried the various fixes and it's still the same - try to attach a file and it throws you out of the mail you're composing.

Pile of shit. Well, it's not the morning now, so I assume it's got to be down to them trying to become facebook. Stupid fucks.

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

On Monday I sent an important e-mail to a client with a link to a document I've prepared for him. This guy always contacts me through my hotmail and never through my company mail, 'cause that's what's in his address book.

I heard nothing back from him, so I e-mailed him today to ask if he had gotten the e-mail. No. And he's annoyed because now he hasn't gotten his stuff on time, after I gave up my Sunday to make sure it would be done.

It could be that his spam filter doesn't let through Hotmail e-mails with URLs in them.

I could have brought it to him myself quicker!

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

Andy C wrote:
                                  I also have a G-Mail
                                  Gmail doesn't want a hyphen.
                                  *very good*

There's no good reason not to have a gmail (others available but this is the best) and then set-it up to pick up all your hotmail.

Better - if you want to switch (and you should switch because Microsoft anything is always bad) then you can keep picking up hotmail via Gmail account then reply back using your new gmail/other email address. People either mail you with the hotmail address they have or simply "reply" and send to your new account. Over time you'll use the hotmail less and less and be able to switch painlessly. Most friends/colleagues will have your new address and the hotmail account is remains active so you don't miss anything that's sent out of the blue

Comment

Is Hotmail fucked?

G-Man, G-Male, G-Mail, it's a logical progression.

I don't like the conversation view in Gmail, and you can't turn it off. And it has an annoying way of leaving out last names of contacts in the inbox, to make it more folksy. Which is annoying when a Dutch contact with an e-mail name of "De Gier, J.K." becomes just "De." "You have a new e-mail from De."

Comment

Working...
                                    X