Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol free virus medicine help

Hello,

I've been coming down with something for about the last sixteen hours now, couldn't sleep, terrible headache, shap pains in joints, wooziness etc.

I've got to go to a playback of a doom metal album in a bit and then interview the band, which I'm dreading frankly. Once upon a time I would have got some day nurse down my neck but now, even a small ammount of ethanol has a pretty unpleasant effect on my temperament.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Cheers.

I don't know if it would help or not, but I've always found ibruprofen the best pain killer-type pill to take.

It's pretty strong and made me a bit high when I'd put my back out and had a virus at the same time. But it gave a good couple of hours off from both ailments.

35p for 16 in Sainsbury's.

Comment

Cheers. I don't know what I've done to myself but my tolerance for most over the counter medicines is pretty high. I'll give them a bash though.

Comment

Take 600mg of ibuprofen and 2 paracetemol. Make sure you eat before you take the ibuprofen or else it'll burn a hole in your stomach the size of the channel tunnel.

20 minutes, you'll feel better.

When you buy ibuprofen over the counter it's sold in 200mg tabs and the packet says take 2 i.e. 400mg. Last year I was having some problems with my joints and my GP prescribed ibuprofen tabs which are 600mg each, 1 four times a day WITH FOOD is the important bit.

Comment

Cheers G.

Comment

Ibuprofen works faster and more effectively when taken with caffeine, as well. I don't know what you have available, but I swear by Advil Cold & Sinus when I have what you're describing.

Comment

I love Advil but you can't get it in this country.

Comment

I'll send you some, pronto.
                Look for a flat package marked : "Knitted socks. Birthday present. xoxo."

Comment

I rattle when I get off the plane from America.

Comment

Carcass wrote:
                    Hello,

I've been coming down with something for about the last sixteen hours now, couldn't sleep, terrible headache, shap pains in joints, wooziness etc.

I've got to go to a playback of a doom metal album in a bit and then interview the band, which I'm dreading frankly. Once upon a time I would have got some day nurse down my neck but now, even a small ammount of ethanol has a pretty unpleasant effect on my temperament.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Cheers.
                    Don't they do Day Nurse capsules these days?

Comment

Why no Advil over there?

Ibuprofen for me, but like gt3 said, with food. Taking it on an empty stomach is bad news (for me, at least).

Comment

Ibuprofen MUST be taken after food. It'll give you stomach ulcers on an empty stomach.

Comment

Some years ago I had the whimsical idea that Ibuprofen might have been a French drug ...and now I can't pronounce it any other way:

Ibboo-pro-phon

Comment

Working...
                          X