X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People you don't know but aren't going to like

Any and all Hummer drivers...

People who walk around stores, restaurants or their kid's school with those bluetooth earpieces in so they look like some kind of Star Trek character.

Comment

I do that sometimes. I keep it on in the car on long drives and then I forget it's there.

Comment

I got given a wireless headset for my office phone that has a range of 50 metres. I'm a 'pacer' when I'm on the phone, and now, without realising I'm doing it, I occasionally wander around the whole floor with my dorky headset on. I must look like a proper twat.

Anyway, back on track...

Anyone wandering around Sydney with a Rangers or Celtic strip on.

Anyone with a Southern Cross on their body, clothing or vehicle. Bogans.

Comment

People who talk on their mobiles whilst being served in a supermarket queue. Just because someone works in a supermarket doesn't mean they don't deserve any respect, arsehole! Let it go to voicemail - it won't fucking explode if you don't answer it instantly!

Drivers who don't indicate. Show me how much physical effort it actually takes to do so. Cunts!

Parents who allow their children to run amok in shops or on the high street and only ever check them with a puny "pleeease don't do that, Josh" as they scatter the contents of a shelf to the floor.

I think the common factor here is respect:- simple respect for ordinary people and the work or lifestyles they have. If people demonstrate that they treat people thusly, I don't think I want to find out where they draw the line in the shitty behaviour as they get to become acquainted with you.

Comment

Willie - what is it about the Southern Cross thing?

Comment

I'm probably (in fact almost certainly) being a little irrational and tarring all with the same brush, but anyone who prominently displays (or permanently tattoos on their body) a Southern Cross are, in my experience, usually loud-mouthed, racist, sexist yobbos, of the "if you don't like us smashing you or your property up because you're obviously a migrant, then fuck off back to where you came from, 'cause we're Aussies and proud of it" school, recently seen fucking up everyone else's day on Australia Day or whenever they have too much beer down the beach.

Comment

Fianna Fail voters.

Comment

That's interesting about the Southern Cross. You wouldn't know that just by looking, would you? I mean, if I see somebody with a red maple leaf tatoo, I think "that's kind of cool," and wouldn't think they were racist or ultra-nationalist. Yet somebody with some giant old glory, Eagle, or other bit of Americana is clearly not somebody with which I'd expect to have much common ground.

Comment

I mean, if I see somebody with a red maple leaf tatoo, I think "that's kind of cool," and wouldn't think they were racist or ultra-nationalist.

Ah, that's because it's kind of counter-nationalist — or used to be. It was something Canadians wore when they weren't actually in Canada so people wouldn't think they were American (doesn't apply these days to a tat obviously). Passive-aggressive nationalists us.

I think the common factor here is respect

Too right. My Hummer reference is precisely that. Yesterday I pulled out from the kerb just as one came steaming round the corner behind me going way over the speed limit. He had to swerve to avoid me me, but naturally it was my fault for just being another road user and in his way, so I was presented with the single digit salute as he went past.

Comment

vennegoor strokes wrote:
                      Fianna Fail voters.
                      Nah, some of the nicest people I know are Fianna Fail voters.

Comment

vennegor strokes, what is so wrong about Finna Fail voters?

Comment

Well, obviously I'm not being entirely serious here -- and Fianna Fail, even now, still have so many supporters in this country that there's always going to be a sizeable number of them who aren't complete pigs and manage to behave like decent human beings most of the time.

But, more than any other social group, they have screwed this country up beyond belief over the past seven decades, a vast number of them having no more complicated motivating factor than simply being hell-bent on voting unquestioningly for a blatantly corrupt and unashamedly incompetent party again and again because their parents did in the past; no matter how appallingly that party behaves once in government, or how transparently it has zero ideology or policies beyond repeatedly getting re-elected.

Since Fianna Fail first won an election in 1932, they have been in power for roughly 58 years out of 77 (and 19 of the last 22). We are as close to a one-party state as makes no difference. 58 years out of 77 is pretty much an 80% success rate -- it's like something you'd see in a Central American client state or Arab dictatorship.

So yes, I currently have a very big thing against the greedy and myopic arseholes who voted these bastards back in yet again in 2007, but then again, so does most of the rest of the country at this moment in time. Brief thread hijack over -- carry on . . .

Comment

Completely agree with with Clive about people on mobiles in the supermarket queue. How rude that is, and how paradoxical that something which is supposed to aid communication actually ends up isolating us from each other and and our environment.

And people not using indicators is something that will probably have caused great big ulcers to have started forming in my stomach by now.

Comment

People who throw litter. It's always cigarette packets/ends, McDonalds wrappers and coke cans - never organic yoghurt cartons. Why is that?

Comment

58 years out of 77 is pretty much an 80% success rate -- it's like something you'd see in a Central American client state or Arab dictatorship.

Indeed. Or even Canada, where the Liberal Party have been in power for over 55 of the last 74 years.

Comment

evilC wrote:
                                  People who talk on their mobiles whilst being served in a supermarket queue
                                  Conversely, people who talk on their mobiles whilst serving me in a shop.

Ignorant cuntwits.

Comment

Amor de Cosmos wrote:
                                    Any and all Hummer drivers...
                                    A friend of mine drives a Hummer...

Comment

Ant van Oviedo wrote:
                                      People who throw litter. It's always cigarette packets/ends, McDonalds wrappers and coke cans - never organic yoghurt cartons. Why is that?
                                      This. This does my head in. Walking down Old Street the other day this teenage girl just drops her happy meal box as she strolls along the pavement. I'm maybe 15 meters behind her. I pick it up and yell - "You've dropped something!" Sniggers and abuse. And there's ALWAYS a fucking bin within meters of these cunts. That's the tip of the ice-berg. I've seen people pull up, open their car doors and just throw big McDonalds bags into the street. Memorably one guy in a really fucking expensive car...£150,000+, while waiting at lights winds down his electric window and drops (I forget) something like a juice carton. I pick it up and say, "I'll put it in the bin for you shall I?" He goes off into some discussion about how I don't understand, that it keeps people employed cleaning the streets. No it's pointless, needless littering you gangster cunt. Why not keep it in your car and employ someone to clean that? Grrrr.

The other one, cunts that mutter "It's a red light" when I'll pulling up at a red light. Almost certainly also the type to blissfully wander into the road when it's a green light.
                                      Some vacuous city cunt did this last night at the Bank crossroads. After I'd stopped. Then just sniggered when I told her to fuck off.

Comment

A friend of mine drives a Hummer...

Three letters W-H-Y

People who throw litter.

Oh Yeah. The numbnuts who particularly amaze me are ones who empty the ashtrays and garbage out of their cars in parking lots as if they were transfer stations. Hummer drivers are the worst offenders I've noticed.

Comment

Didn't know that about Canada. Mind you, I'd be surprised if the Liberal Party got up to even a quarter of the stuff that Fianna Fail has over the years.

Comment

They've had the their moments, and recently too — such as the illegal payments spread around by the Québec wing of the party that led to the collapse of Paul Martin's government.

I guess my point is that probably several — what's the term — established democracies (?) have "Natural Governing Parties" (facetious Canadian media term for the Liberals.) Is it necessarily a bad thing? It sort of seems like it should be, as the tendency towards complacency, if not outright corruption is obvious. Then again the other extreme (cf: Italy) seems no better. Probably most people want stability from a government more than anything else, experience also ranks pretty high. So over and over they vote for the devil they know unless he's proved to be sufficiently bent or incompetent. Provided the other parties stand a realistic chance of winning, then the system works tolerably well. They'll get elected occasionally and operate as placeholders until the NGP gets its act together. That's what the Canadian Liberals are doing right now, they'll probably be back in power in four years.

If FF is a similar NGP then they will lose the next election. There will be lots of blood on the floor of the smoky back rooms, then they will re-emerge in a few years with lots of shiny new faces to sell, fundamentally, the same old ideas.

Comment

I'm not all that similar to NGP, not in my mind, anyway.

Where to begin?

-Women who obsess over things like clothes, makeup, getting their nails done, designer handbags and what they're getting for Valentine's Day.

-People who think they're all that because they're rich/famous/both--whether they really are those things or just are in their own minds.

-Selfish people, especially the ruthless ones.

-Narrow-minded people who think their way is the only way (like most of my conservative redneck relatives).

I'm sure there are others, but I need to be doing some chores now.

Comment

People who walk around stores, restaurants or their kid's school with those bluetooth earpieces in so they look like some kind of Star Trek character.

Yep, we've got one of those. And he's as thick as a tree, and slightly creepy with it.

People who drive cars with stereos turned up so much it sounds as if their cars have heartbeats.

Those who walk at a slow pace in crowded areas and helpfully get in people's way when they might have urgent matters to attend to. Speed up, you slothful fuckers.

Religious types of presentable dress who go around in groups patrolling the streets, looking for people to convert. They just creep me out.

Comment

Those who walk at a slow pace in crowded areas and helpfully get in people's way when they might have urgent matters to attend to. Speed up, you slothful fuckers.

So what's the hurry? A little sloth goes a long way in a short life.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X