Eugene Richards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eugene Richards

Did anyone else see the image by Eugene Richards in The GuardianMy Best Shot this week?

I've been thinking about it all week and just googled him.

Some of the images on his website are simply unbelievable.( wait for it to load then click on "Gallery".)

Magnificent picture after magnificent picture. Moments in people's lives. Including his own. One phenomenally tender series of images of a woman with breast cancer, who, it turns out, is his first wife.

Wonderful. Wonderful.

Eugene Richards

That is a great shot. I looked at it for quite a while and never noticed the snow on the bed until the article mentioned it. I thought it was just light through the window, so I never focussed on it.

It's also an example of something I've mentioned on here before; which is that the 'art' becomes more interesting when you understand a bit of the context of either its creation or its subject. For me, at least.

And I'm with him about old houses being 'spiritual' places for me. I used to help a neighbour renovate old houses as a summer job, and I was always trying to imagine the families who'd lived their 20, 40 or 80 years ago. Fascinating to do.

Comment

Eugene Richards

That's great, nefertiti, thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X