• Show
Clear All

Renaissance Fairs

All sounds a bit Beardhammer to me...

Comment

Renaissance Fairs

I'm fucking amazed that this:

WornOldMotorbike wrote:
      As opposed to fat goths, I've always equated RenFair types as fat Dungeons & Dragons/Star Trek/LOTR/Python types. Or, you know, your IT department.
      hasn't caused a thread Vietnam by now.

Toronto's Medieval Times is right next to the football stadium. On most afternoons, we can make fun of the people lining up to get into medieval fair on our way out of the game (and they, in turn, can make fun of us for paying good money to watch the shit MJ constantly serves up).

MT can be kind of a gas if you have a 6- or 7- year old son. It's the people who go on dates there that need to be watched.

Comment

Renaissance Fairs

I used to work across from someone (an IT person) who got married at a Star Trek convention. Her groom wore a sword.

Comment

Renaissance Fairs

Aye, but you'll need to appease the Goblin King with a tribute of silver pieces.
          Alas, something tells me the chances of Jennifer Connelly turning up are pretty slim.

Comment

Renaissance Fairs

Antonio Gramsci wrote:
            I'm fucking amazed that this:

WornOldMotorbike wrote:
            As opposed to fat goths, I've always equated RenFair types as fat Dungeons & Dragons/Star Trek/LOTR/Python types. Or, you know, your IT department.
            hasn't caused a thread Vietnam by now.
            Sorry, can I ask why? Who are you assuming is going to be offended by that on here--the D&D/Star Trek/LOTR/Python types, or IT people?

Comment

Working...
            X