X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noel Edmonds sticks it to The Man

Oh wow.

I don't know what's madder:

1) Noel Edmonds going totally Partridge with the first-person finger-jabbing rant to camera
    2) Noel Edmonds getting passionate about something, anything, for the first time in his life and it's planning permission for a fucking bungalow
    3) The fact that Noel Edmonds has got Cheggers in as his roving reporter, just like he did on Swap Shop 30 years ago.

And I'm sorry, but I fell about laughing when he did the Big Reveal at the end. (I won't spoiler it for people who haven't clicked the link yet.)

Oh, Jesus Christ. I mean, yes, by all means, give the guy his bungalow and his, er . . (no, that would be a spoiler) but by Heavens . . . I love how upset he gets at being dubbed an "entertainer". Well, that was very entertaining.

Actually, Noel Edmonds does get passionate like this quite a lot. He was very indignant at being fooled by Chris Morris, and recently he vociferously joined the "enough is enough" ranks as regards immigration. He didn't think there was enough electricity to go round, I seem to recall. It's not just bungalows with Noel.

Comment

Has he paid his telly licence yet?

Comment

There's some great work by the person who uploaded the clip, there:

I have put this video under YouTube's 'entertainment' category. I hope Noel doesn't mind. It is also listed under entertainment on Sky's EPG.

Comment

Is this from "Noel's HQ?" (I haven't looked at the clip). I knew immediately to steer clear of what appears to be the Daily Mail TV Show when I saw an advert for it on Sky featuring a section called "Bonkers Britain". Only one type of mindset says that sort of thing.

Comment

I saw it on Charlie Brooker. This won't reassure those people who think Brooker should be doing something more difficult, but he was very funny about this show.

Comment

This thread should be called "Noel's simmering thirst for revenge against public bodies finally boils over". I recall some stories about his wanting (and failing) to turn Grade-1 listed country houses into "Blobbylands" and also something to do with not being to land his helicopter where he wanted to ...

For a man who was paid so much for so long by - indeed, owes his entire career to - the taxpayer, he seems to have a very bitter resentment against those who still are now.

Comment

So, I thought "140,000 people supporting Joe on Facebook? That's a lot" and, of course, there aren't. There are eight groups listed on Facebook about the subject with a total of 2073 members. But never let the truth get in the way of a hysterical rant, eh, Noel?

Comment

Its also quite a personal attack and the person working for the council was not given a right to reply (although the council itself was in the form of the statement read by Keith Chegwin).

If you'd discovered that you were to be represented on a programme like that with Chegwin's hamster-in-a-headlock vocal tones, you'd want to get someone on there pronto instead of being deputised by a bloke previously known for showing his peanut-sized cock on low-rent game shows.

I was actually smiling at all that because it was almost the genuine example of a spoof made real. As if real life decided to be influenced by a higher power and it turned out to be Armando Ianucci.

Comment

That was utterly, utterly mental.

Comment

There's someone in the audience waving a Union Jack.

What's that all about?

Comment

There were people waving flags in the audience. Why?

The real issue is that Noel Edmonds can contact the Office of the Prime Minister and have a semi-favourable response before the end of the day. I'd prefer oil and gas lobbyists having a say on the running of a country than him.

Comment

I get the feeling Gordon Brown could back the tattooing of Winston Churchill's face on someone's arse cheeks if you asked him to.

Comment

Holy crap that was incredible. It's like Coogan and Iannucci got together for one last, wondrous, 4-minute hurrah.

And Noel, this site is what you're after.

Comment

vennegoor strokes wrote:
                              There's someone in the audience waving a Union Jack.

What's that all about?
                              They're British and bloody well proud of it.

And the flags were left over from Littlejohn's Sky show.

Comment

"Noel's as mad as hell and he's not going to take this any more!"

Comment

Must...nnng...resist...grrr...reading...aaarrr...y outube...blrrrr...comments...

so refreshing as we all think and whisper in doorways what we would do.....and those of us who shout in doorways cant change anything on there own....noel edmunds me and my friends are so proud of you...and hope you continue with helping and being the voice of the people..well done sir....you are a breath of fresh air in a country that gets crazier by the second.

Comment

"so refreshing as we all think and whisper in doorways what we would do.....and those of us who shout in doorways cant change anything on there own....noel edmunds me and my friends are so proud of you...and hope you continue with helping and being the voice of the people..well done sir....you are a breath of fresh air in a country that gets crazier by the second."

Comment

So, having spent his whole career being the smiley face on the cover of trivial Britain, he takes offence at being called an entertainer! Excellent. True, true Noel, I don't think you have any specific talent that could categorise you as an entertainer. Can't sing ...check, can't dance ...check, not a comedian ...check. No I'm not sure what you are unless of course you are the new Mother Theresa for this godless age.

Comment

Ian - ha.

It might be intriguing to find out if Noel Edmonds really doesn't get a penny for making the show. I bet he gets kickbacks for each series that equate to more than a council press officer's salary.

Comment

He may not earn a personal salary but I bet his independent production company, Pear Tree Productions, gets a fee.

Comment

I did wonder how big the expense account was. And of course there is no value at all in keeping his mug on the telly, nobody could possibly forget him.

Comment

If only That's Life had been like this. Oh, Esther, where was your spleen?

Comment

Harri Saer wrote:
                                                He may not earn a personal salary but I bet his independent production company, Pear Tree Productions, gets a fee.
                                                Well, I got it. Nice one.

Comment

Yeah, I got it too. In intelligent company, there should be an implicit understanding that Partridge gags are 'got'.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X