Happy and depressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy and depressed

I'm in a strange mood today. I feel depressed yet quite elated. I laugh out loud and genuinely at the tiniest things, but feel also like crying. I feel alternately a lot of love and numb despair. And I am physically tired, yet have loads of energy.

I am not drunk and I don't take drugs. But it feels like I'm drunk and high.

What the fuck is this?

Happy and depressed

Maybe Emile Heskey has something to do with your elation from the time of your post.

Comment

Happy and depressed

It's probably something to do with spring, the clocks moving ahead and all that. I always feel weird in April.

Comment

Happy and depressed

Are you pregnant, PT?

Comment

Happy and depressed

I sometimes feel that way when things are going right for me. I know I should be happy, but deep down, I know this is my life we're talking about and something is bound to go horribly wrong to mess it up. In spite of that, I remain generally optimistic. It's just that sometimes the emotions, they play with my head.

@EIM - Ha ha!

Comment

Happy and depressed

I'm not sure everything is going right in my life, FF.

bryan, it's autumn where I am. Although nobody told the weather. 30°C yesterday, 23°C today... The only bit of rain we've had in the past few weeks of, of all days, on my birthday.

Comment

Happy and depressed

I sometimes feel that way when things are going right for me. I know I should be happy, but deep down, I know this is my life we're talking about and something is bound to go horribly wrong to mess it up.

That's exactly how I feel. Exactly. There's always this feeling that life has this strangely-calculated pile of balls-ups and disasters ready to heap on those who start off the day quite happily and feel encouraged to continue the day in a benevolent and delighted frame of mind.

Almost like you're paying the price for intending to look at life (if only for a day, say) in a joyful way.

As happy as a clam are you? Wham!

Comment

Happy and depressed

My life's been so remorselessly shit for about eighteen months now that I'm at the other end of the spectrum, where even the tiniest things lift me to a point of almost extreme, childlike joy. I've just bought this month's World Soccer, and it's got a Euro 2008 wallchart in it. I've not even opened the cellophane wrapper yet, I'm saving the glee I'll get from unwrapping and opening it up for later on. But I started clearing a big enough space on the pinboard in my study to put it up, and in so doing found my National Trust membership card, that I thought I'd lost. Today is going to be a gooood day.

Comment

Happy and depressed

something is bound to go horribly wrong to mess it up.
                  I'm working on trying to accept that this is what life is like - I find the continual disappointment hard to deal with. I reckon if I stopped wishing it were different, life would be a lot easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X