Dull question for the Welsh contingent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit slow on the uptake (it took me years to work out the links between, say, E10 and Oolon, or wingco and gt3) but do all of the Welsh OTFers know each other? And if so, did you know each other before signing up?

Just idle curiosity. I'm never sure who knows who and why.

They're like the Irish "posters". It's just one bloke.

Comment

Ah. Their name is Llegion.

Comment

I already knew Harry from real life, but I've never met any of the other ones.

Comment

I knew Harry, Chairman otB and Rick Derris from real life before OTF, but through lower division football fanzine mafia connections rather than ancestral Welsh ones.

Comment

Like most Welsh, we are all virtually related.

Seriously, I didn't realise I knew quite as many of the Welsh OTFers until I had been on here a while. It's a job for Pete Frame and his family trees

Like most of the Cardiff City lot, I am a 1927 club member (London branch of the Cardiff supporters) and have met others on Wales away and home trips and similar

Although I joke about all Welsh knowing each other, it always amuses me that when a Welsh celebrity or murderer or something gets on the news, most Welsh mothers claim to have the inside knowledge of said people because they read the South Wales Echo and/or "your Aunti Carole down the road knows their second cousin"

This counts for people who are nearer to Liverpool than they are to South Wales

Comment

Both Pretend Best Freind and mn089mb have played in "The Greatest Cup Competition On Earth" as well, E10.

Are their any other Orienteers on here?

Comment

Cheers all, I did wonder whether it was club allegiances or WSC-related reasons behind it (or whether it was all in my head).

Comment

I've met Jorge Porbillas and Aldo Simoncelli and I have one of SR's books.

I think I may have met another one outside the City Arms after Wales v Germany last year but I can't be sure who it was.

Comment

I know Kowalski and Jorge Porbillas in real life. That's it as far as I know.

Comment

it was me you met Kolaswki. I have known harry and bored for about 15 years, PBF for 10 and mbn0088 for about 6

I had previosuly chatted with jorge on a wales away trip, but had no idea who he was on here.

I have met etienne, an honoury welshman as he lives in cardiff, but through this board

Comment

Working...
                      X