Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google

Anybody else having problems with Google in the last half-hour or so?

When you search for something, you get a page of results as usual -- but every single one of them has the "This site may harm your computer" malware warning under it, even sites that are totally reliable like bbc.co.uk or yahoo.com.

And when you click on a result, you get this:

Suggestions:

* Return to the previous page and pick another result.
    * Try another search to find what you're looking for.

Or you can continue to http://www.google.com/ at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.

For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
    And when you click on the Safe Browsing diagnostic page to see what the problem with the site in question is supposed to be, you get a Google error message:

Server Error
    The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds.
    Is Google fucked this afternoon or is there something wrong with my computer? I can still get into other pages normally, though if I do it through Google I have to cut and paste the URLs into my browser.

Google

I've been using it this afternoon without any of those issues. Might there be something amiss with your settings?

Comment

Google

yeah, there's apparently a world-wide problem with google right now:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/01/31/google-flags-whole-internet-as-malware/

Comment

Google

Let me take that back.

I just ran a search and had the exact same issue, even though I had run the same search earlier this afternoon with no such problem.

Comment

Google

Seems to be fixed now.

Edit: oh wait, no it doesn't.

Comment

Google

It still seems shafted to me.

I thought it might be part of a Google plan to stop you visiting any non Google sanctioned sights.

But Google is flagging its own pages as Malware, too.

Doesn't it usually give you the option for going ahead to the site at your own risk?

Comment

Google

Now seems to be fixed.

Comment

Google

Google's fine again now -- maybe it was hacked by communist China or something.

Comment

Google

I just googled 'this site may harm your computer', just for fun.

Comment

Google

I've been having that problem with Google.

Comment

Google

Now I can't access YouTube at all - the page doesn't load. Any ideas?

Comment

Google

Hmm, this is really annoying. I can load any other webpage but not YouTube, on either IE or Firefox. Is YouTube down, or is there something amiss with my laptop?

Comment

Google

YouTube is working fine for me, Lodz.

Comment

Google

It's back now. God knows what the problem was - maybe a Vista issue on my laptop or some malady with my local server or something *scratches chin*

Comment

Google

Google problem reported by the NY Times online.

Comment

Google

The OP on this thread led me to run a Google search for 'problems', which came up with an, um... 'interesting' first couple of results.

Comment

Working...
                                X