Oscar time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar time!

The best Muppet bar none. With the possible exception of Uncle Travelling Matt, though I've not thought that through enough to make a definite decision one way or the other.

Oscar time!

On a point of order, both Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock are non-canonical in terms of Muppets shows.

But if we're to include them, you're sadly overlooking Mr Snuffleupagus.

Comment

Oscar time!

The other day he was hosting GNN (Grouch News Network) looking for all the grouchiest news stories and getting frustrated when they all turned out happy.

Anderson Cooper was a guest host and interviewed two muppet newscasters, Walter Cranky and Dan Rather-not.

Oh, muppet guys.

I still like Cookie Monster the best.

Comment

Oscar time!

Snuffleupagus is of dubious muppetness because, like Big Bird, he does not have someone's hand up his ass.

Comment

Oscar time!

Mainly because he doesn't actually exist, though.

Comment

Oscar time!

Abu Benito al Manitobani wrote:
            Snuffleupagus is of dubious muppetness because, like Big Bird, he does not have someone's hand up his ass.
            Neither does Barkley.

Bruno, I see you're an avid Sesame Street watcher like I am. Have you seen the recent one with Tina Fey as the leader of the Bookaneers? They've been all repeats lately--I've seen some episodes about 4 times now.

Comment

Oscar time!

Yes, saw Tina Fey and the Bookaneers the other day. Jack Black was on recently, too. These stars, they're all such good sports.

The Bookaneers

It could be worth watching these high some time.

Comment

Oscar time!

I find some of their celebrity appearances strange, because it's obvious that kids will have no idea who they are. They're obviously there for parents. But even then, I think they're kind of strange to have on a kids' show. Like Kim Catrall, and Jonah Hill. When I saw Jonah Hill, I kept expecting him to start shouting "fuck!".

Comment

Oscar time!

And speaking of Seasame Street, I was watching "Make 'Em Laugh," PBS' documentary on the history of American comedy, last night, and they had Bill Irwin, a comedian/clown talking. I thought he looked really familiar, then they showed some of his stage act, and it hit me--he's Mr. Noodle.

Comment

Oscar time!

The best star appearance on Sesame Street is still Grover attempting to sing a duet with Madeleine Kahn.

Comment

Oscar time!

Oh, so that's where she disappeared to.

Comment

Oscar time!

Apropos, the Daily Show yesterday.

Comment

Oscar time!

Sultan of Bruno wrote:
                          If you don't know Sesame Street since Elmo has become the star, you don't know how great that opening is.

Comment

Oscar time!

I'm sorry - I'm a bit slow on the uptake, today!

OSCar:

Comment

Oscar time!

Fraggle Rock comes on after Scooby-Doo on Teletoon Retro. After watching FR for a few minutes a few times, Little Miss WOM (6) stated with a great deal of certainty "I think this must have been a cartoon [sic] for big people, because it's not funny for kids".

Comment

Oscar time!

She's wrong, and yet right.

Comment

Oscar time!

I'll pass that along. She'll be confused, yet confused.

Comment

Oscar time!

From this thread I have learned that the man I know as "Nudli Ur" is called Mr Noodle in English. He's superb, I reckon.

Is Elmo's goldfish called Dorothy in English? It suddenly seems important.

Comment

Oscar time!

Yep, it's Dorothy.

Have you seen the Elmo's World bits with the other Noodles? Mr. Noodle has a brother, also named Mr. Noodle, that was played by the now-deceased Michael Jeter. Is he also Nudli Ur in your version. There's also Miss Noodle.

Comment

Oscar time!

Nudli Ur's brother, they call him. I'm not sure what they call the girl - I did catch her on it once, but had missed the bit where she got introduced.

Comment

Oscar time!

Oscar The Grouch Fact: Oscar was yellow at the start of the first season of Sesame Street, and then changed to orange, before they finally settled on green. I can't find a picture of him yellow, but I know that he was because I have the first episode of "Sesame Street" on DVD. They then changed him to orange:

And then to green, because that was obviously the colour that something that lives in a dustbin would be.

Comment

Oscar time!

The last word on Sesame Street

Comment

Working...
                                            X