• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Cool

A website hosted on a Commodore 64.

Retro Cool

That is sweet.

What I've tried to find, but have been unable to, is some way to play the original Castle Wolfenstein and BCW on my pc. I found a version that required a C64 emulator, but then I couldn't get the c64 emulator to work. Any advice?

Comment

Retro Cool

Excellent. Although as eccentric webserver choices go, it's not quite in the same league as the site formerly hosted on a dead fly.

Reed, I've had good results running old PC games in Dosbox, so you might try that if you've not already.

Comment

Retro Cool

The Black Dwarf wrote:
        the site formerly hosted on a dead fly.
        that made me rub my slackened jaw and say "gaw blimey".

and i'm not even a cockney.

Comment

Retro Cool

I can only talk about music sites, but...

Micromusic.net has remained almost unchanged since 2000, when I first chanced across it. It seems they've only very recently changed the front page, so that it now resembles what you once only used to see once you'd logged in as a member. This is a shame, since the old front end used to be alot 'cleaner'-looking. that new version is a bit messy. Still - lots of good tunes there - and all for free. (And none of those bloody Crystal Castles scene-hijackers-come-lately!)

The other site that springs to mind is Minimal Elektronik, which - like Micromusic - is a remarkable info source. All that and with none of that pesky delay in downloading that you get in these bloody Flash-heavy sites, these days. Marvellous!

Comment

Working...
          X