The New Statesman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Statesman

The memories of these shocking columns she writes all the time must be flooding back to her critics here. Apparently at least one of us has seen the actual copy she submits. Let's have that up here.

Comment

The New Statesman

Actually don't bother. I've just looked at her recent columns. I'm sure I remember her being good.

Comment

The New Statesman

steveeeeeeeee wrote:
        proud of her own ignorance on any subject that doesn't involve her or the middle to upper class social circles she mixes with in London.
        Really, this is one of those times when you start thinking you're talking about two different people, "upper class"?

Still, London eh? How despicable!

Comment

The New Statesman

Nothing made my life more miserable in the late 1990s than the Evening Standard and it's general presumption that everyone in London had loads of money, the fortunate shopped in Harvey Nic's and those less fortunate shopped at Selfridge's. Her articles at the time were the epitome of this spirit, people with nothing to tell you other than how tough life is when you have to attend parties, dinners, mix with famous people and what's more, write a newspaper column!

So now she's in NS writing about how she's bringing up her baby, "Mum with good connections in the media tells you what it is like to bring up a kid."

Comment

The New Statesman

Children are like soooo fashionable these days, aren't day? If you feel brave enough to touch the "lifestyle" (yuck) section of a broadsheet you'll see the Fionas don't waste a second namechecking their beautiful offspring, whether it's a restraurant review or a travel article. "Husband Tarquin ordered the beef Strogonoff and children Breeze, 4, and Peaches, 2 and a half, had the clown-shaped fish burgers". Tell someone who cares, you annoying cow.

This is what happens when you allow women to write, I suppose.

Comment

The New Statesman

Shotgun teenage divorcee Peaches Geldof may have a froth column future judging by this recent interview.

Hack: Tell us about your relationship with your father?

Peaches: Well, it's been pretty good overall. We all had to support each other, as Mum died when I was still at primary school.

Hack: Ever argue about pocket money, going out, boyfriends?

Peaches: Oh, sure. One time I was, like, "Dad, can you up my allowance? All my friends can go shopping and to stayovers, I have barely pennies?

Bob: Fook off. Ye can make do with nothing, like me and my sisters [Bob's own mother died when he was young]. Anyway, can't you get a job?

Peaches: But Dad, I'm 12. It's like, illegal...

Comment

The New Statesman

This is what happens when you allow women to write, I suppose.
                Oh no you di'n't.

Comment

Working...
                X