Dum dum, dum dum, dum dum, dee dum dum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an OTF London Marathon thread on the old board about who was running, who was walking and who was just going to nip on a tube from Tower Hill to Westminster and pretend they'd run it - I assume all the actual participants are tucked up in bed now, but who should we be looking out for in tomorrow's coverage?

From what Ive heard I think we should be looking out for GT standing outside his local taking the piss out of runners as they go through Woolwich.

I think Malc is taking part. Maybe a few more.

Comment

I joined gt3 at his local and we roundly took the piss out of the runners as they passed the Kings Arms, but in a very jolly, encouraging, banterish sort of way. I must admit, it was all very affirmative and as much fun as I've had in ages. By 11 am we were on the piss.

Comment

By 11 am we were on the piss.
        I thought Paula Radcliffe wasn't running this year?

Comment

I was over at the good lady's gaff near South Quay and we decided to have a wander to the Spinnaker at about 2.00 - 2.30 for a pint and to watch the 2nd half of the footy.
          It was raining fairly persistently, really miserable and the number of runners (and walkers) still going through was astonishing. The problem was, all the crowds had pissed off home, all the drinks tables had been packed up and there were people sweeping up the empty bottles etc. How miserable and demoralising must that be? You're 10 miles from the finish and everyone's packed up and fucked off already. It's like at school discos when the unpopular lads would still be there trying to find someone to dance with as the last few bars of "Careless Whisper" faded out and the lights came up.
          You don't see that shit on TV, do you?

Comment

Why would anyone run a marathon? I mean I get that it's an achievement and a challenge and so on, but I've heard it's really not good for you (joints, etc). My friend who did one said she had to keep stopping to be sick. Why would you do that to yourself?!

Comment

A friend of mine has run 6 or 7 marathons. I think he's nuts be he loves it.
              Personally I reckon I'd struggle to cycle 26 miles in one go.

Comment

I get knackered watching it on the telly.

Comment

Running the marathon is brilliant - not done it for seven years, like, but I still get a bit of a twinge when I go down to watch it every year to watch friends more persistent than I.

Comment

sorry. i had no idea this was the london marathon thread. well, you wouldn't!

as explained, i didn't run it and for the second year running (yes!) i had to pull out through injury. injury acquired playing 5 a side 6 weeks ago, made worse by ignoring the pain during the reading half

gave the number to a guy i know

first time this century i have had nothing to do with the race, through either running or doing a drinks station. watched it with my daughter who found it very interesting and kept grinning shouting 'running'

Comment

Turns out the "oldest ever man to run a marathon" night not have been after all ...

I don't know, these 94-year-old chancers who think that they can achieve celebrity simply by running 26 miles ...

Comment

Am I the only person who thinks all Ethiopian names are pronounced with a north-east accent thanks to Brendan Foster?

Comment

I've always wanted to run a marathon, but without the training. Just turn up on the day in me trainers and jog around at a relaxed pace until I've finished. I mean, I couldn't be any slower than the decrepit stragglers that trail over the line after eight hours on the route.

Comment

Working...
                          X