Why do people hate you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people hate you?

"Hate" is what I do, not the rest of you.

Comment

Why do people hate you?

I'm fantastic

Comment

Why do people hate you?

Reed, much of what you say there makes me like you very much.

Comment

Why do people hate you?

I've been informed that I'm vain and selfish and manipulative and a host of other quite undesirable qualities, so, those

Also I exaggerate quite a bit and I think it's very annoying, at least in certain contexts

This will sound terribly whiny, but more than one person has let me know that they can't see any reason for me to suffer from depression, and therefore it must be colossal whiny self-indulgence on my part.

I am not sure how true any of this is; I think each person is seen very differently by the people they know. I hope it's not all true, anyway, cos I'd have to agree with the haters if it were.

Comment

Why do people hate you?

And you give these people the time of day?

Comment

Why do people hate you?

People hate me for loads of reasons. All of them stupid and trivial.

Comment

Why do people hate you?

The one thing I get levelled at me is arrogance, but I'm not, I'm just confident.

I'm also a know-all, who is never wrong. Again, if I know I'm right, I speak up, if I don't, I don't.

Oh, and I'm argumentative, but that's fair.

Comment

Why do people hate you?

but more than one person has let me know that they can't see any reason for me to suffer from depression, and therefore it must be colossal whiny self-indulgence on my part.
                  Well, you know, as Ton Ton put it rather more politely than I would, fuck these people. What the fuck do they know about it? Are they all clinical psychologists with a history of examining your mental state?

If any of these fuckers ever tell you to "snap out of it", say: "pardon?" and snap their pencil necks. The fuckers.

Comment

Why do people hate you?

TonTon, you know some of these people! I try to ignore it as much as I can, life is too short, but sometimes if it seems they have a real point, I ought to listen because I could learn something, etc.

Comment

Why do people hate you?

--I have a Bugaboo stroller for my baby. For those that don't know, the Bugaboo is an expensive stroller, one that symbolizes yuppies/bobos (though I'd just like to say that the Orbit stroller costs more). And it isn't even a cheaper Bugaboo--it's the Chameleon. I remember on the old board, someone (Callie, I think) saying they "wouldn't be caught dead pushing a Bugaboo."
                      Inca, that kind of take on the Bugaboo is a bit out of date, I reckon (at least, it is in the UK). Perhaps years ago it might have been one of those 'things White People like'. But as far as I can see (and this is just a London-centric view), it's now merely seen as the standard buggy for parents who want quality design and user-friendliness. I don't think there's a yuppy stigma attached to it at all. 75% of the parents I know (including myself) have a Chameleon and my cross-section of friends-that-are-parents is pretty diverse. It's popular simply because it's a great product and people are willing to pay for a great product, especially when it's something for their kids.

Callie - what's your issue with it?

The thing I reckon annoys people is selfish parents who push their buggies (whichever brand) around without giving a shit about anyone else, taking up all the space in shops and on pavements, expecting everyone to get oput of their way.

Comment

Why do people hate you?

I couldn't care less who or why people might hate me. Treating people as equals in a way that involves equal levels of criticism tends to get people's backs up though.

For instance, a girl in my office (who is a bit dappy, but good at her job, pleasant and smarter than she lets on) was excited to find out that we were going to an Indian restaurant for our Christmas Party. 'Ooh, ooh, I love Indian food' she said, slowly perusing the menu. But there was a problem. 'There's no korma! I only eat korma.'

'I thought you loved Indian food,' sez I. 'Surely there's something else you can eat?'

'No, I only eat korma.'

'Well you clearly don't love Indian food then, do you?'

'I do.'

'You quite obviously don't, if the only thing from an entire sub-continent's cuisine that you'll eat is essentially Chicken Tonight.'

So she looked at me with a daggers stare and didn't speak to me for the rest of the day, while the shitcunt of a head designer that used to work there tried to have a go at me for 'upsetting her'. Fuck off. If I'd had that conversation with a bloke no-one would have bat an eyelid, but because she's a little blonde girl Im the bad guy. Covert sexist cunts.

So, I'm an finickity argumentative cunt. Maybe that's the reason.

Comment

Why do people hate you?

The old good cop bad cop routine eh? Treat em mean...

I take the piss too much.

Yesterday my mate's wife took me to one side to ask me not to take the piss out of my mate's tie. I hadn't even noticed (it happened to be one that he and I (and some other friends) were given when we were ushers for another mate, I quite like it).

Bah.

Comment

Why do people hate you?

I've never come under the impression that i'm hated as such, but that i'm liked for the wrong reasons sometimes. Such things as opening my gob at inappropriate times and making a fool of myself never makes people take you entirely seriously does it?

Comment

Why do people hate you?

I hate myself and everybody else.

Comment

Working...
                              X