Huelva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huelva

I think it was possibly Wyatt who once said on here that there was no such thing as a bad Spanish city and from personal experience I had to agree, until I spent a day in Huelva.

You approach the city on a motorway through barren marshland, the only sites of note were the occasional brothel hotel. Your first glimpse of the city are numerous towering apartment blocks and every street corner seemed to be the territory of hoodies with pitbulls. Once we got into the city centre, the first thing somebody told us was how to get out of it, judging from out Portuguese number plate that we were lost.

There are no landmarks, the streets are labyrinth like in their mundanity, the restaurant we went to was crap an expensive, most places were closed and it was cold and wet. To top it off, my future mother-in-law had the complete and utter hump with me for no known reason whatsoever.

It made Luton look like Monte Carlo.

Huelva

Never been there steveeeeeee, but Phil Ball comes to the same conclusion in his book about Spanish football, Morbo. His description (p40 of the paperback if you've got yours to hand) is as damning as yours.

What on earth were you doing there?

Comment

Huelva

I've been there a couple of times; most recently to change buses going between Ayamonte and Seville. It's not nasty, but just really dull compared to many Spanish cities.

Did you experience Lepe, though, that's the question?

Comment

Huelva

Did you experience Lepe, though, that's the question?
        Experience it? He caught it.

Comment

Huelva

Just seen this. I don't think it was me, or at least I don't think I'd have said exactly that. I've been through Benidorm on the bus.

Comment

Huelva

I went through Huelva on a bus, and sitting in the bustop my wife nearly tied a leash around my balls.

I'm real professional in not looking at other women when I'm with my wife. Huelva made me unprofessional.

Comment

Huelva

Zaragoza didn't look brilliant from the bus.

Ah bloody Huelva. When I was working in France, they had some exchange kids from there. I had faint reception on my radio of England in the West Indies, but couldn't hear it because they kept singing and clapping their hands on the coach.

Comment

Huelva

steveeeeeeeee wrote:
                my future mother-in-law had the complete and utter hump with me for no known reason whatsoever.
                She's your future mother-in-law. Surely that's reason enough?

Comment

Working...
                X