Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gentlemen. Are you getting the support you need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxers? Briefs? or Trunks?

I find briefs too restrictive but i don't like the complete lack of support offered by boxers. so i choose the middle ground and only wear trunks as i find that they offer me the best of both.

So i was wondering if the rest of you have any preferences or if you mix and match?

Trunks, exclusively. In either white or gray. Black underwear makes me feel....ugh...cheap or something. I can't explain it.

Comment

I'm the reverse. My underwear and socks have to be black. I was conditioned by my mother from an early age.

In order to prevent my "guys" mixing with my brother's "guys", my mother bought me black underwear and my brother blue. The rule also applied to socks.

Comment

Boxers, naturally (any colour - who's gonna see them these days?). Briefs make you sterile, apparently.

Funnily enough (or not), I have never actually bought any underwear for myself.

Comment

As a kid I wore briefs. Then in high school I'd wear both to get the best of both worlds (it probably made me sterile, but that's ok). Then I switched to boxers. I briely experimented with those boxer-briefs.

Now I wear these. Which are the greatest undies ever.

Comment

I need to edit: I wear boxer briefs. I assumed 'trunks' was the Brit term for them. A quick search around shows trunks are shorter and tighter looking.

Comment

resist odor too!
              Blimey. How does that work, Reed?

Comment

Trunks? Never heard of them. Like WOM, I assumed you meant boxer briefs. If they're shorter and tighter than boxer briefs...yeesh.

I'm strictly a boxer guy.

Comment

And apparently aren't suffering from sterility problems at all.

Comment

The H&M boxer briefs are really good, well cut, very comfortable and pretty cheap to boot.

Old worn-out boxers are good in summer or when travelling to really hot countries.

Comment

QUOTE:
                      resist odor too!

Blimey. How does that work, Reed?
                      They've got silver or something like that in the thread to kill bacteria, so they don't have as much of that ass-and-ball-sweat smell. They work well either for everyday wear or under shorts while working out.

They make socks with the same stuff and it makes a noticeable difference in the smell.

Comment

They've got silver or something like that in the thread to kill bacteria, so they don't have as much of that ass-and-ball-sweat smell.
                        Excellent! So you only need to wash them every 2 days.

Only joking, ladies.

Comment

No proponents of going commando here?

I have no idea what my underwear is called. The tighter boxer shorts things.

I used to wear boxer shorts. One day I visited my physician for a check-up. I had forgotten that my boxers didn't have a button in front, only that double-layered opening. I was down to my boxers and t-shirt when the doc wanted to check my heart rate, and instructed me to exert myself on the treadmill. And I was running, and the Big Guy kept flopping out, and in mid-run I had to stuff him back in...

That was pretty much the end of my boxers days.

Comment

Trunks for me, black. You know where you are with one type of pant, just grab and go.

Comment

I wear briefs. Haven't bloody made me sterile though. Maybe they're not tight enough.

Comment

Lightspeed Briefs for me.

Comment

Boxer brief/trunk thingies for me. In black. I believe there's a difference between boxer-briefs and trunks, but I have no idea what it is.

Comment

Trunks aren't all that comfortable, you get splinters, and the bark gets stripped down quickly.

Comment

No, you still have to wash them after a single wearing, but they aren't as offensive. This is particularly important for me because I live in a small apartment and my dirty laundry basket, although in a closet, is never far away.

Comment

I don't think that I'm too myopic about my own bodily odors, or maybe it's that Reed engages in a lot more strenuous activity than I do, but really, I've never noticed my underwear as being offensively funky--at least not something that you can smell from a few feet away.

Comment

After normal wear, underwear only smell if you're up close. But like I said, I wear these high-tech drawers for both everyday wear and working out. That amount of sweat - I sweat a lot when I work out - does create a whole other level of funk.

Comment

Ah, see, I never work out.

Comment

Why are they called 'trunks' anyway?

Comment

I'm guessing, but they kind of look like those '60s swimming trunks that you'd only see in old Elvis beach movies.

Comment

Why are they called 'swimming trunks' anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X