Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What blood type are you?

isn't all blood screened anyway?

Obviously you wouldn't take the blood of someone you know has a problem, but you should then take any other blood and test it again before giving it to anyone.

Or am I living in cloud cuckoo land?

Comment

What blood type are you?

You are, as a man not allowed to give blood if you have ever had oral or anal sex, protected or unprotected with another man or a woman who has had sex protected or unportected with a man who has had sex with another man.
      To your knowledge of course.

Comment

What blood type are you?

My next scheduled donation is the day of our office Christmas do. Looks likely to be a 'one beer is plenty' night.

Mrs WOM can't give, us she lived in England for six years. Fine with her, as she gets woozy just looking at a box of band-aids.

Comment

What blood type are you?

I can't remember what I am.

I used to give blood fairly regularly. I haven't since I was mugged with a syringe about six years ago. I wish I could do again, because it's the right thing to do, but I really can't.

Comment

What blood type are you?

Sign me up for the O- clique.

Comment

What blood type are you?

You are, as a man not allowed to give blood if you have ever had oral or anal sex, protected or unprotected with another man or a woman who has had sex protected or unportected with a man who has had sex with another man.
              Must you provide a Venn Diagramm?

Comment

What blood type are you?

I've got red.

No idea what type, mind.

Comment

What blood type are you?

You'd think that having had a recent HIV test would be a positive thing in a blood donor (as opposed to blood from any old unscreened Tom, Dick or Harry), and you'd think that the NHS would be grateful for anything they can get (is anyone on their deathbed really gonna say "Oh, I'm not having that kidney, it's a gay kidney"?), but apparently not.
                  I had to take an HIV test to get the Spouse Visa for Australia. I guess that double invalidates me as they're not keep on Blood once you've been to Britain a while (Which also rules out Mrs Max who used to be a donor)

Comment

What blood type are you?

Max Payne wrote:
                    You'd think that having had a recent HIV test would be a positive thing in a blood donor (as opposed to blood from any old unscreened Tom, Dick or Harry), and you'd think that the NHS would be grateful for anything they can get (is anyone on their deathbed really gonna say "Oh, I'm not having that kidney, it's a gay kidney"?), but apparently not.
                    I had to take an HIV test to get the Spouse Visa for Australia. I guess that double invalidates me as they're not keep on Blood once you've been to Britain a while (Which also rules out Mrs Max who used to be a donor)
                    Why? Do they think British people have got the lurgies?

Comment

What blood type are you?

You all do, in fairness.

Comment

What blood type are you?

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                        Why? Do they think British people have got the lurgies?
                        I think it's simply a case of the retro viral drugs being very expensive and with the drugs being so effective now it could easily mean 20+ years of them (the Oz Gov) subsidising your treatment.

I'm sure it's a requirement for immigration to any 'major' country.

Comment

What blood type are you?

HIV isn't really a retro virus, is it? It came out in the 80's.
                          Now Spanish Flu, that's a retro virus.

Comment

What blood type are you?

I was asked but it meant I would have to get to Birmingham during the day on a weekday - I'm all for giving blood on my lunch hour but I'm not taking holiday days to do it.

Mind you, I only go for the orange juice, Hula Hoops and Club biscuits all-you-can-eat session afterwards.

Comment

What blood type are you?

I'd imagine local blood drive efforts are often stymied by the pesky "Have you visited or lived in the UK for a period exceeding 6 months since 1980?" question on the screening form.

Comment

What blood type are you?

A+, obviously?

If you want to donate, the thing they really want is Plasma donation, when your red pint comes out looking not unlike a pint of ale.

Comment

What blood type are you?

I can't believe my brilliant joke was a thread killer back there.

Comment

What blood type are you?

Maybe it's still too soon for Spanish Flu jokes.

Comment

What blood type are you?

it was a very good joke indeed.

I can't give blood because of a childhood brush with hepatitis, and I haven't got the foggiest notion what type.

Comment

What blood type are you?

In Ireland you can't give blood if you were in the UK for a year in total between 1980 and 1996. I'm not quite sure why they cut off on those specific dates. There doesn't seem to be a restriction on heterosexual or lesbian sex, unprotected or otherwise. However, any man who has had gay sex, even protected gay sex, can never give blood. I'm sure there is a risk rational to it but it strikes me as terribly unfair.

I don't know my type either.

Comment

What blood type are you?

It was noticeable over Xmas and New Year how much of an ad campaign the blood services were running in the UK - I was getting really pissed off with it by the end as I'd already given in November and therefore can't do so again until March, no matter how many times they remind me.

(B+, by the way).

Comment

Working...
                                          X