london restaurant advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

london restaurant advice

You are a minted IT man with too much money.
    £60 a head restaurant once a month?
    Blood, take it from me, unless you are prepared to do that every month whilst you are still together, you are making a rod for your own back.

The minute you try and scale that down with you local Wing-Wah or Pizza Hut, she will dump you for "taking her for granted" which is womanspeak for "you have stopped spending loads of money on me because i love you and you think you can stop trying to impress"

Comment

london restaurant advice

Maze is bloody brilliant. But I think they book up weeks in advance. Maybe not, in these crunchy times though.

Comment

london restaurant advice

Two great ones on Eversholt Street by Mornington Crescent tube.

Asakusa is my favourite restaurant - fantastic Japanese food, authentic as buggery, cheap as chips (well, nearly). I wouldn't call it fancy, but if you like tempura it's heaven on earth.

El Parador, a few doors down, I would call fancy - it's a really, really nice tapas place. I think it's fairly reasonably priced (I wouldn't have gone there otherwise).

Comment

london restaurant advice

hahaha, I don't see mrs Garcia loving the idea of nandos. some fine advice in general though from mr Mackdaddyavelli.

Comment

london restaurant advice

Blood, take it from me, unless you are prepared to do that every month whilst you are still together, you are making a rod for your own back.
            P and I usually split the bill or take it in turns. She's a modern woman, TG. And she earns more than I do by a fair lick as well.

Comment

london restaurant advice

Weeeeeeeellllll, that puts a different perspective on things.

Ask her to prove how modern she is by paying all of it all the time, tell her it will be more of a symbolic gesture and ecologically friendly than burning her bra.

Modern woman is good, as long as she is not so modern that she cannot cook and clean.

I am sure Wyatt would agree with me.

Comment

Working...
              X