Rice Pudding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice Pudding

One of the best things ever, or the devil's ejaculate?

Rice Pudding

Who the fuck have you been talking to? Is this a concerted effort to make me blow my top? Rice fucking pudding? RICE FUCKING PUDDING? To be all self-referential (and given my ecclesiastical past self-reverential) and paraphrase myself from another thread FUCK OFF.

Listen, people, sticking the word 'pudding' on the end - and I realise after my Jaffa Cake stand this isn't going to go down well - of something does not a pudding make. Especially if you've made the cunting thing out of rice. You wouldn't accept a Yorkshire pudding for afters, would you? You'd be fucking furious. WHERE'S MY ICE CREAM OR CAKE? You'd bellow, as you looked at your little plate of batter. And Jesus, if you'd made the fucking batter, at least serve up pancakes for pudd.

Rice pudding is not a pudding, no matter how much jam you stick on it. It's, I dunno, a side dish or something. It's made of rice. Further to which, it's not even any fucking good. It tastes shit.

Seriously. Rice pudding? I ask you.

Comment

Rice Pudding

At the German School in Washington DC, you may be fascinated to know, what we war-winners understand as rice pudding is regularly served up as a main course.

Comment

Rice Pudding

AHA! I knew it. I fucking knew it. Rice pudding is not a pudding. And generations of thickos have been duped in to thinking so because of the word pudding.

Gordon Brown, TonTon, thingamy Castro that isn't Fidel, ANYONE, get this major travesty of justice sorted NOW.

Comment

Rice Pudding

Okay, so that's one against and one what-have-you.

Comment

Rice Pudding

My dad and I like rice pudding with raisins and a bit of milk.

Apparently it's also good with vanilla.

Pudding generally means something different to us.

I'm surprised to learn that Yorkshire pudding isn't considered a dessert.

Comment

Rice Pudding

Pudding on the rice is good, if you're blue and you don't know where to go.

Comment

Rice Pudding

I'm surprised to learn that Yorkshire pudding isn't considered a dessert.

Reed sometimes your naiveté is quite endearing. Possibly one of your finest qualities in fact. Doubtless you'll be astonished to hear that black pudding isn't a dessert either.

Origin of Yorkshire Pudding

Thai black rice pudding, on the other hand, is very likely one of the finest dessert dishes in this galaxy or any other.

Comment

Rice Pudding

Hey EIM, no one ever told you the difference between long grain and short grain rice?!

You've obviously never tasted the wonderful mango and sticky rice that is a pudding in Thailand.

Here in Malaysia they have rice for breakfast (with chilli and chicken)/ lunch / dinner / and whenever else they can.

They also serve up desserts with kidney beans and sweetcorn and many other vegetables in it.

However, one thing I cannot get here is full fat rice pudding - they sell the low fat variety, but it is not nearly as good as the real stuff.

Count me in I LOVE rice pudding, however I hate rice for breakfast.

Comment

Rice Pudding

Rice Crispies? Ricicles?

Comment

Rice Pudding

Rice Crispies? Ricicles?
                      Shall I take that as an insult and take offence?

Comment

Rice Pudding

Dunno. Depends how sensitive you are. I was merely pointing out that rice for breakfast, in an overly processed kind of way, can be a good thing.

Rice for pudding can't.

Comment

Rice Pudding

Where do you stand on the use of rice in sweet delicious snacks (to wit, Dairy Crunches, Double Deckers and Rice Krispie squares)?

Comment

Rice Pudding

The Blueberry-flavour Muller Rice does indeed look like the devil's juices, but its the best desert you can buy.

Hot rice-pudding though is just so vile...

Comment

Rice Pudding

I can put up with rice pudding; it's those other tins of mush that Ambrosia stack alongside it that make me gag - semolina, tapioca and the like.

Comment

Rice Pudding

EIM I bet you you could make a good sweet Yorkshire pudding. Bit of sugar in the batter. Bit of cinnamon and some brown sugar on top. Bit of a vanilla creme anglais round about. It could work. Would be a bit like a choux bun. You could make a caramel sauce, or a chocolate one, and put whipped cream inside, too.

Comment

Rice Pudding

EIM has reached Hobbesean levels of wrongness in his rice pudding hatred.

And semolina and jam, mixed together. Delicious. Tastefully referred to by many when we were but wee schoolchildren as "period".

Comment

Rice Pudding

At the German School in Washington DC, you may be fascinated to know, what we war-winners understand as rice pudding is regularly served up as a main course.

Just as fascinating, possibly more so, is the fact that not only was rice pudding a much-loved choice in my former company's canteen, but also that sweet yeast dumplings with jam in the middle were extremely popular as a main course.

Comment

Rice Pudding

Whether it's a pudding or not, dunno (although dessert is called pudding in some places, and this thing is served as dessert, ibso facto ...)

I like it. They serve it chilled and put lemon in it in Portugal. V. nice.

(How do you start a pudding race?)

Comment

Rice Pudding

(How do you start a pudding race?)

Ready, teddy, go?

Comment

Rice Pudding

Oh, rice pudding is great. It absolutely must have raisins, zest of lemon, and vanilla in it, and perhaps a little cinnamon on top. And it is indeed great as a main course, as I experienced many times as a child.

Comment

Rice Pudding

Lyra wrote:
                                            EIM I bet you you could make a good sweet Yorkshire pudding. Bit of sugar in the batter. Bit of cinnamon and some brown sugar on top. Bit of a vanilla creme anglais round about. It could work. Would be a bit like a choux bun. You could make a caramel sauce, or a chocolate one, and put whipped cream inside, too.
                                            My mum has a recipe for what is effectively a sweet yorkshire pudding. I put butter and icing sugar on top. You need a deep, iron pan for it, though.

Comment

Rice Pudding

I knew it. Does she put sugar in the batter?

I was thinking of using a small yorkshire pudding tray to make little individual ones.

Comment

Rice Pudding

PT - I'm sorry to have to inform you that raisins are the droppings of Satan's most putrid minions.

Comment

Rice Pudding

An intractable conundrum, the pudding. EIM, where do you stand on steak-and-kidney pudding, hm?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X