Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Essential traits of the woman I want....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....to wake by my side

I’m not making a list, now.
    It would be too much pressure for her, whoever she turns out to be.
    And let us be honest here, the lists along the path that is our life, they tend to change with the seasons, and new wrinkles, don’t they?

Still, there are some things I will hold eternally vital in my bindle carrying the essentials.

That’s a great word, isn’t it? bindle

Ponder a lad on his escape from a cruel stepfamily, a barefoot lad, with worn out Huckleberry trousers ending slightly above the ankles. His only possession is the food he stole from stepmother’s kitchen, it is packed in a red and white checkered piece of cloth, bundled, tied together and resting at the end of a wooden rod which he casually holds over his shoulder, as he’s wandering down the dusty road, down a much dreamt escape, towards riches and fame.

My bindle holds several tools to promised happiness affront the footsteps I tread, and helped shape some along them already walked. Some of them tools are treasures, some of them simple belongings.
    One is this note I bring out every now and then to scribble what essential, what traits I want my woman to hold, and laugh your heart out now if you wish, it is written tongue in cheek, this admission of mine, but still with plenty seriousness……

……..I want her to every now and then bake me a loaf of bread.

I added it today, to my bindle.

As I was sat having dinner earlier - a delicious gulasch soup, rich with potato and beef - a nice chat was had with a couple of women who frequent the local nearby, the local into which I oft venture, for meals, and ale or wine, and for nice chats with nice women. The subject at hand was nurturing a relationship, making it remain alive, potent, and one of these fine ladies of the northern hemisphere, Gothenburg to be exact, she said that she would often, on Sunday mornings, she would wake early and bake bread to be had fresh, for breakfast.

I like that image. Of a woman waking early, eagerly because it is something of love she wants to do, her fists fighting dough, her palms shaping it into a length, and then that smell filling the air as it is brough out of the oven.

Is there a better smell, something greater smelling than fresh bread, apart from the smell of your woman lying next to you on a Sunday morning?
    No, there isn’t!

There is something basic, something very simple, yet so filled with a richness, value, and love about a loaf of bread being baked by your beloved woman on a Sunday morning.

Is there a better smell, something greater smelling than fresh bread, apart from the smell of your woman lying next to you on a Sunday morning?
    Oh wait, I know the answer! A woman who smells of fresh bread.

Comment

apart from the smell of your woman lying next to you on a Sunday morning?
      Eh? Man, you've lost it now. You've been sniffing bread for too long. Stale cigarettes, alcohol, sweat, mingled with fart and Saturday night's kebab.

Comment

Femme Folle wrote:
        Oh wait, I know the answer! A woman who smells of fresh bread.
        Why not?
        I'd love you forever if I met you and that was your perfume.

Comment

Ganja, did you learn how to speak English by constantly re-reading 'The Hobbit'?

Comment

Carcass wrote:
            Ganja, did you learn how to speak English by constantly re-reading 'The Hobbit'?
            At least I know another language.
            Your only other, I dare guess, is "mock"

Comment

Fuck this place!
              It's grown from brilliant to fucking pathetic within a few months.

Comment

Ah ganja, I don't think he meant it meanly. But "bindle" is such a very... well, Tolkienesque word. I mean, my first thought upon reading it was "what Led Zeppelin song is that from?", and Robert Plant definitely did learn English by constantly re-reading The Hobbit.

Comment

PPV asked for that word a few weeks ago on OTF.

Comment

Toro Hussein Toro wrote:
                    Ah ganja, I don't think he meant it meanly. But "bindle" is such a very... well, Tolkienesque word. I mean, my first thought upon reading it was "what Led Zeppelin song is that from?", and Robert Plant definitely did learn English by constantly re-reading The Hobbit.
                    On the backdrop which is the stillness of a David Bowie most poetic lunar escapade heard from behind his DJ booth... he can still shove it up his own smug arse.

Comment

Lodzubelieveit wrote:
                      PPV asked for that word a few weeks ago on OTF.
                      Yes, I did, and I thank you for the word.

Comment

Dude. I could have gone on about your awesomely over extended kneading dough, bashing the bishop metaphor but I didn't.

Take a pill Mr Lover Lover.

Comment

I didn't even know bindle was a word. In fairness, ganja would have gotten a bit of stick for sort of post on the old board.

The problem is mate that nearly all your posts now seem to be about women, and how beautiful and other worldly they are. I mean that's very romantic and all, but it's not true is it? Women are just like us, not something to either be put on a pedestal.

Comment

The_Liquidator wrote:
                            Women are just like us
                            No we're not.

Comment

PPV, welcome back, man. I've missed you. Ah, the drunken nights we'd spend taunting each other with pictures of Gerrard and Maldini variously holding up European Cups.

Unfortunately, I don't smell of bread. And you're not a none-too-choosy girl with big knockers. Otherwise I think we might have been another OTF "buy your hat, the big day is..." couple, like some others ... Rome's going to be the next venue for one of these, isn't it, I suspect?

Comment

I didn't even know bindle was a word. In fairness, ganja would have gotten a bit of stick for sort of post on the old board.
                                Bindle...bit of stick...bahahahahaaa.

Comment

Carcass wrote:
                                  Dude. I could have gone on about your awesomely over extended kneading dough, bashing the bishop metaphor but I didn't.

Take a pill Mr Lover Lover.
                                  Tell Uncle Shooter I sincerly greeted him, and then bite your gob

Comment

Oh, and Van Morrison is way, way, way above your head, isn't he?

Comment

The_Liquidator wrote:

The problem is mate that nearly all your posts now seem to be about women, and how beautiful and other worldly they are. I mean that's very romantic and all, but it's not true is it? Women are just like us, not something to either be put on a pedestal.
                                      Where's the huge problem?
                                      Am I overburdening you with words of how beautiful women are?

They are!

Deal with it! Or leave me be!

Comment

Femme Folle wrote:
                                        The_Liquidator wrote:
                                        Women are just like us
                                        No we're not.
                                        I sure don't feel welcome here!

Comment

I fuck your cardinal direction!
                                          Passionately!
                                          Not all of you
                                          Some of you

Comment

Me?

Comment

I think that brindle is a better word than bindle.

Van Morrison over my head? Yes. I can barely understand the free jazz, musique concrete, drill and bass maelstrom of noise he makes.

Comment

Where's the huge problem?
                                                Am I overburdening you with words of how beautiful women are?

They are!

Deal with it! Or leave me be!
                                                What? There's no huge problem, it's just a bit odd, from my point of view.

What does annoy me is why when someone says something that isn't a) slagging you off or b) doing anything other than taking issue with something you say, you get massively defensive and lash out?

Comment

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:
                                                  Femme Folle wrote:
                                                  The_Liquidator wrote:
                                                  Women are just like us
                                                  No we're not.
                                                  I sure don't feel welcome here!
                                                  Huh? How did that make you feel not welcome?

All I was saying is that Liq is wrong. Women are far superior to men. We deserve to be pedestalised.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X