real economy slump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real economy slump

Fianna Fail, they're bloody brilliant at hoodwinking everybody. They purposely make up cover stories that are so unbelievably outrageous and immoral. It's like smoke and mirrors with a massive bonfire and Hubble space telescope sized mirrors. De money for de house? A developer in Manchester gave it to me. It's such an outrageous explanation that it succeeds in hiding the truth.

I seriously thought for a while that Brian Lenihan is dumb and forgot to read about the seven billion. But now I'm coming round to the fact that he's not stupid. He knew full well about it. Because Anglo Irish Bank is Fianna Fail by another name.

Comment

real economy slump

Bahiryan wrote:
      And you can add to that the fact that the PDs no longer exist.
      True, but the PDs were on about 1% in the polls by the end.

Comment

real economy slump

I can well believe that he didn't read it. He's got no aptitude for the job. I doubt that it escaped his officials though, however I think he may have made it clear that he didn't want to know about it.

Comment

real economy slump

Pat Kenny's radio show today hosted a much better forum than his TV show of last week. The guests were Senator Shane Ross and Fintan O Toole, and they were discussing the current economic crisis. O Toole stated that, irrespective of party politics and ideology, this government was guilty of gross incompetence, referring to unread reports. Ross stated that he believed that the leading ministers were probably capable people but that they are simply doing the wrong jobs - that due to the dynastic nature of FF politics, people with the right background and/or surname (Haughey, Lenihan, Flynn etc) can end up in a position that they just don't have the talent for. And this is to the detriment to the country. As discussions go, it was a world away from RTE's 'Three Wise Men' episode of last week.

I'm reluctant to view the latest opinion polls as signalling the beginning of the end for the FF goverment. Two years ago, in the run up to the general election, FF were receiving relentless stick in the press, and the public mood was one of great anger at FF for corruption and for squandering the fruits of the Celtic Tiger whilst infrastructure and public services remained severely underdeveloped. But when push came to shove, the public showed faith in FF. Now the current crisis may be more real and immediate than the negative speculations of 2007, but it did show that a sizeable number of people in the country will always be likely to vote for FF. The last general election showed that. Another thing it showed is that it will always be in a good position to form a government. It no longer needs like-minded parties like the PD's to form a majority, there will be no shortage of groups or individuals willing to join forces. The fear of remaining in opposition indefinitely, political careers in danger of going unfulfilled on opposition benches, the desire to just get in the door in order to implement policies and bring about change, there's no party or Independent that would rule out a coalition with FF. The bastards could haemorrhage seats at the next general election, but they could still be the big brother in a coalition government when the numbers are added up.

So the poll makes for welcome viewing, but it's not certain that it will result in an FF ousting at the next opportunity.

Comment

Working...
          X