Let me impose upon YOU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me impose upon YOU!

I'll be in London on Thursday December 11th (which I realise is some way off, but prior to that I'll be travelling a fair amount, so I kind of need to start this thread now), and am looking to go out drinking with anyone who fancies it, and perhaps more importantly for someone to put me up for the night. PG has kindly offered me a spare bit of floor at his place, but it sounds like he has his hands full with various visitors and convalescences, so it really does sound like it would be a real imposition (though I do believe his offer is genuine). So which of you would like the opportunity to host me for one night (sofas, floors, whatever, all acceptable) and in the bargain go out drinking?

Anyone?

Let me impose upon YOU!

That wasn't exactly the stampede I had fondly imagined.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

You haven't even given it an hour--be patient.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

I'll have a spare room that night. I'm in Woolwich (and I live around the corner from a road called Arsenal Way, heh heh) but it's an easy enough journey into town for a thursday-a-thon.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

Now that's more f***ing like it.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

I'll be in Town that night our with my chums from work in The City. Let me know where you are.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

If it weren't a Thursday I'd gladly offer you my (not particularly comfy) sofa. But I almost certainly won't be getting in before 2am.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

Cheers wingco, that sounds fab. One of the other places I stayed in London via OTF was about 50 yards from Highbury, and I managed to shut that fact from my mind

I'll be in touch closer to the time, if that's fine with you?

Cheers again

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

No probs.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

Sounds like you're catered for, Andy. And Woolwich is nearer to London than Harrow. Still, let us know where you're having a beer...

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

I'll probably be working. In The City. Hoofuckingray.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

There isn't even a Greggs in the City.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

Blimey. I just checked and there actually IS a Greggs in the city.
                          On Eastcheap. Wow.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

Tell you what? Why don't we go to the bar that EIM'll be at and make his life (even more of a) misery than it might have been that night?

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

We could wear pinstriped suits and pink shirts and shout at each other a lot.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

How will I know it's you?

Has anyone tried the Festive Bake from Greggs? Holy shit. It's like Christmas in a pastry shell.

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

We'll all be carrying Greggs' Festive Bakes and taunting you with them

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

There isn't even a Greggs in the City.
                                    There will be soon, the way the markets are going. Subway and Caffe Nero must be cacking themselves. Barclays reportedly aren't going to pay a penny in bonuses to their employees this year, even the ones that are still in work by Christmas, and they can only be first major financial institution to announce similar measures.

"The Gherkin" may yet become an ironic symbol of the final decline of London as a capitalist centre. "The Gherkin?" "Yeah, we must have built that 'cos people have gherkins on their Big Macs"...

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

Don't forget, the offer still stands if you need it, ad hoc. It's just it'll be a sofa, not a bed. Got my number?

Comment

Let me impose upon YOU!

I can offer a sofa too (we're in the process of expanding our guest offer, but we do ask for customers' patience during this difficult transition).

Well up for the shouty suity evening.

Comment

Working...
                                        X