Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your desktops

We haven't done this for a while.

I was motivated because, as I've finally got a job in this city, I have to send my work PC back to London and -- tightarse that I am -- decided to resurrect a PC I got for EUR100 and run the new version of Ubuntu.

I've added Google Gadgets and a dock along the bottom. Not bad for nowt, although I would agree that Ubuntu is very, well ... brown.

Show us your desktops

Hah, you've got the "weather" icon on your desktop too! I constantly amaze my girlfriend by pointing that out to her. "Look", I'll say, "my computer knows that it's 10 degrees, and raining!".

"Why don't you just look out of the bloody window!" She'll yell back.

Comment

Show us your desktops

That's nothing. My phone does that when I'm outside.

Comment

Show us your desktops

I don't know how to post a picture of my actual desktop, but the background is this. It's a pop-art painting of Christina Ricci in Buffalo 66, by Paul Court (former guitarist in The Primitives).

Before that it was a Siberian tiger running through the snow.

Comment

Show us your desktops

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
          I don't know how to post a picture of my actual desktop ...
          On Windows, press the Print Screen button, which puts it into the clipboard. Then paste it into your photo-editor of choice.

Comment

Show us your desktops

OK, but then what?

Comment

Show us your desktops

I'm posting from work, therefore I can't really post a pic of my home PC desktop. However, I'm running a standard XP desktop with icons hidden; so, if you click the link, you'll see my wallpaper, and therefore my desktop....

Weebl and Bob

Comment

Show us your desktops

Strange request but this one's easy

Comment

Show us your desktops

Hrumph,
                  You would not be able to do any of this customosed desktop mularky at any company i work at.
                  Stupid pictures, numerous icons, Folders saved on your desktop!!!

I just hope your companies do not use roaming profiles as logging in will be very slow indeed.

TG (Over officious M$ dude)

Comment

Show us your desktops

now that's a cluttered desktop.

Comment

Show us your desktops

Tactical Genius wrote:
                      Hrumph,
                      You would not be able to do any of this customosed desktop mularky at any company i work at.
                      Stupid pictures, numerous icons, Folders saved on your desktop!!!

I just hope your companies do not use roaming profiles as logging in will be very slow indeed.

TG (Over officious M$ dude)
                      I don't think we I have a roaming profile - I have VPN access - is that the same thing? But really, as far as I'm concerned our logins are overly locked already. It does rather depend on what you do and your competency with computers generally. I used to have full admin access a few years ago. I'm still bitter about that being taken from me be the officious M$ dudes.

Why not let someone change their desktop - what possible harm can that do?

Oh I liked your desktop very much saucy tramp.

Comment

Show us your desktops

My desktop has a lovely photo of a waterfall on Rum. However, the bottom right is currently marred by a notice informing me "You may be the victim of software counterfeiting", apparently courtesy of those cunts at Microsoft. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Comment

Show us your desktops

Very dull.

Comment

Show us your desktops

a load of stuff and me chasing my daughter through whatever those things are called

i did get through!

Comment

Show us your desktops

I hate cluttered desktops. The text you can see in the image is Geektool giving me a read only of my backup status, my top 10 processes, my uptime, IP Address and system log feed.

Comment

Show us your desktops

Comment

Show us your desktops

Weird. I can't get it to show the taskbar at the bottom. Not that it's very interesting.

I also like uncluttered desktops, but I have too many applications that I think, "Yeah, I'll need that again one day".

Comment

Show us your desktops

I too love saucy tramp's desktop.

Mine are pretty predictable, I'm afraid. I hardly have any icons on it so no screenshot, just the pure beauty of this:

which is on my PC.

And this on my laptop:

Finally, this is on my PC at work - it's Horrid Henry. The kids in my class love him:

Comment

Show us your desktops

Great, now I have that Thames theme as an earworm.

Saucy, if you can see the desktop, it's not cluttered enough. Right now you couldn't tell what color my formica desk top is. BTW do you collect stamps (based on the tweezers and magnifier)

Comment

Show us your desktops

I can also spot the headstock of a guitar.

It's like 'Through the Keyhole.'

Comment

Show us your desktops

You see, I reckon the tweezers' close proximity to the ashtray full of roll-ups might tell its own tale.

Comment

Show us your desktops

I want to know what magical force is holding those books and folders up.

I've just reinstalled windows so mine is immensely dull right now.

I do favour the clean, uncluttered look though. The quick launch is for your common app shortcuts, your start menu for every other app and your documents folder is for your files and shit - clear your bloody desktops people!

Comment

Show us your desktops

Comment

Show us your desktops

Comment

Show us your desktops

This is my ASUS desktop

Comment

Working...
                                                  X