these new passports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these new passports?

just got my new biometric passport with chip...do any of you know exactly what info is stored on the chips? ie 20 year old criminal records?
    is there a way of finding out what's on your chip?

these new passports?

What information is stored on the chip?
    The chip stores the passport holder's photo and the personal details printed on page 31 of the passport.

Can I see what is on the chip?
    IPS Regional Offices in Belfast, Glasgow, Durham, Liverpool, Peterborough, London and Newport are now equipped with Biometric Passport Readers. The Reader enables holders of a British biometric passport to view their personal information stored within the chip embedded in the passport. The information viewed is the same as the information displayed on the bio data page of the passport.

This is a free self service facility within the public area of each IPS office.

Comment

these new passports?

cheers..just found that somewhere else as well..big question now is....do i trust them to be really letting us see the same info they can see?

someone has just mentioned this as well..
      "also - it's an RFID chip I believe - in other words it transmits a Radio Signal - so it can be read from a distance - it can be in your pocket or bag and anyone with a powerful enough receiver will be able to pick it up."

think i might give up on that gold smuggling idea :-)

Comment

these new passports?

Fabricate yourself a tinfoil hat and that should clear up any security concerns.

Comment

Working...
        X