London, w/c 21st April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London, w/c 21st April

As an early 40th birthday present, m'lovely wife has offered to take me away for a couple of nights in London sometime during w/c Apr 21st. Is there much on that week - gigs, events? We have to decide which days to do. Also, beers? I ask with caution, because I know what a trauma planning drinks on OTF can be.

It would be perfect if there was a kickabout that week. Because the one thing m'lovely wife would really enjoy, if I know her proclivities half as well as I think I do, would be a couple of hours sat watching us belt a ball round a cage on Paddington Rec followed by lots of talk about the League Two playoffs.

London, w/c 21st April

You got Duchamp, Man Ray and Picabia at Tate Modern (I think it's a tenner each, but if you eneded it I could lend you my membership card which would get you and y'lovely wife in for free.)

There's also Alexander Rodchenko at the Hayward Gallery. Haven't been myself, but I hear it's well worth a look.

It's a shame you're not here for this:-
    http://www.timeout.com/london/comedy/events/689550/moths_ate_my_doctor_who_scarf.html
    I'd imagine it to be your cup of brown stuff.

Comment

London, w/c 21st April

Mon 21: The Long Blondes at the Forum, Blonde Redhead at the Shepherds Bush Empire, Current 93/Baby Dee/Marc Almond at the Royal Festival Hall, Eric Burdon & War at the Royal Albert Hall
      Tue 22: Supergrass at the Astoria, !Forward Russia! at Kings College, I Am Kloot at Koko, Rakim at the Jazz Cafe
      Wed 23: Billy Bragg at the Barbican, Supergrass at the Astoria, Eartha Kitt at the Pigalle, Rakim at the Jazz Cafe, Boris at ULU, Dirty Projectors/Lethal Bizzle at Indigo2
      Thu 24: Soulwax/2 Many DJs at the Royal Festival Hall, Digitalism at the Astoria, Four Tet at Indigo2, Pere Ubu at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, We Are Scientists at the Shepherds Bush Empire, Rakim at the Jazz Cafe, Eartha Kitt at the Pigalle
      Fri 25: We Are Scientists at the Shepherds Bush Empire, Junior Boys at Indigo2, Eartha Kitt at the Pigalle
      Sat 26: Andrew Bird at Indigo2, Pete Doherty at the Royal Albert Hall
      Sun 27: LMHR festival (Babyshambles, Don Letts etc) at Victoria Park, Steeleye Span at the Queen Elizabeth Hall

Comment

London, w/c 21st April

Ta for that, both. Unfortunately we won't be able to stay until the weekend... so agonisingly close to seeing Steeleye Span.

Comment

London, w/c 21st April

If a beers plan comes together, do make it public, because there's always a fairly good chance I'll be up in London on gigging duty.

Comment

Working...
          X