OTF??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTF??

I just realised that without any reference to One Touch Football, a lot of people possibly don't know what the fuck OTF stands for when it is referred to

Obviously, they are out of the clique already so fuck 'em

OTF??

It's at the top of the page though.

Comment

OTF??

Only just though. I directed a couple of colleagues to an OTF thread a few weeks ago, and after I learned they had spent a quiet twenty minutes trying to work out what the acronym OTF stood for..

Comment

OTF??

Let the acronym OTF be our secret handshake, I say.

Comment

OTF??

OK. It's not an acronym, though.

Comment

OTF??

That's what makes it so secret.

Comment

OTF??

Oh go then, I'll bite.

What's an acronym then? If OTF ain't one?

Comment

OTF??

In the morning, associate with, for example, nimby scuba pal (7)

Comment

OTF??

An acronym is a word formed of initial letters, y'see. If you actually pronounce the letters it doesn't count. So unless the Purple Cow and G-Man refer to OTF as "ottuff", it's just an abbreviation, not an acronym.

Comment

OTF??

Roughly, on average, how many months does it take to join the clique? WyattE can provide the median no. if he so prefers.

I'm still too inhibited to start a topic so....

When you have a cold do you refer to it as 'a cold' or as 'flu'? I called in sick today with 'a cold' but that sounds so pathetic these days, because everyone has 'flu' don't they?

Comment

OTF??

What exactly are the perceived parameters of 'the clique'.

Who belongs?

Does anyone think they're part of it, or it is just those other people?

Would you know if you were in it, if it existed, or is it like old age? You know, suddenly you're just 'there' without noticing you'd passed through the door?

Comment

OTF??

I think you're blackballed if you abuse the word "parameters". For a fucking start.

Comment

OTF??

We've done this.

Comment

OTF??

So, it's about punning, then?

Comment

OTF??

Isn't everything?

Comment

OTF??

I don't think 'We've done this' is still germane after almost four years.

Comment

OTF??

A good test of whether or not you're in the clique is whether or not you think four years is a reasonable length of time for "we've done this"...

(smiley thing)

Comment

OTF??

So is I in or is I out?

Comment

OTF??

Nothing on the cold/flu thing either. Clearly I still have many months work ahead of me.

Comment

OTF??

You've got a cold. Drink liquids, treat the symptoms, and wash your hands. Flu is serious, and you ain't got it. Anyone who says they do is trying to big up their cold so it sounds like they're being brave coming in to work. Like how everyone has to say they're 'crazy busy' at the office.

Comment

OTF??

My mother in law says that if you look out of the front window, it is pissing down, there is a £10 on the front path and you can't bring yourself to get it,it is flu, otherwise it is cold.

I tend to think - if you have to ask, it's a cold.Also if you are asking on an internet forum, it's definitely a cold.

I am no expert but the 24 hour flu seems bogus as well

Either way, you are still going to use the same croaky voice to phone in sick that you use for colds, flu, dislocated shoulder or crabs

Additionally,you will go into work unshaven on the first day back

Comment

OTF??

Also if you are asking on an internet forum, it's definitely a cold.
                                            You make my diagnosis seem slipshod and unqualified. Which it may very well be, but I resent the insinuation.

Comment

OTF??

I think you're blackballed if you abuse the word "parameters". For a fucking start.
                                              I have been sneered at for using the word on here before so I am sure I have fallen foul of this so, enlighten me, what are the,erm, parameters for using "parameters"?

Comment

OTF??

QUOTE:
                                                Also if you are asking on an internet forum, it's definitely a cold.

You make my diagnosis seem slipshod and unqualified. Which it may very well be, but I resent the insinuation.
                                                Not at all, my point is that, if you can haul arse to a computer and stand the bright lights of the screen, it is a cold.

If you have flu, that red box around the WSC man would feel like torture to look at

Comment

OTF??

I was concerned about WE's comment until I reread it and saw 'abuse' and not 'use'. I certainly don't abuse the word 'parameters', so I'm going to carry on in the belief that it was a thinly veiled message to you, BoD.

And as an unlicensed medical practitioner, I value your second opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X