So, starting threads with 'so', then.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, give it up already. It gets old after the 35th time.

So doff.

Comment

I blame all the bloody scientists on the radio, who seem incapable of telling us about their latest dicovery without starting with "So, what we did was..."

Comment

I'm pretty sure in OTF terms this was my fault. I was the first to start a title with the 'So Then' format. I believe in a thread about that London.

Had I known I was creating a monster, I would never have done it.

Comment

You seem a good man. I forgive you.

Comment

Ah, and since I'm playing at being God...punny titles...I can really do without them...thank you.

Comment

Go on and proscribe bitter misanthropy and small club inverted snobbery and we might as well close the board down.

Comment

Sorry IWU. Punny titles and "so" threads have been part of OTF since before you were born.
                They ain't going to stop anytime soon, despite TonTon's repeated protestations.

Comment

Eggchaser wrote:
                  I blame all the bloody scientists on the radio, who seem incapable of telling us about their latest dicovery without starting with "So, what we did was..."

So, we took seventy millilitres of ordinary tap-water, and put it in this beaker. Then we took seventy millilitres of rainwater from the laboratory roof, and put it in this beaker... don't ask me why. We just did.

Comment

hobbes wrote:
                    Sorry IWU. Punny titles and "so" threads have been part of OTF since before you were born.
                    They ain't going to stop anytime soon, despite TonTon's repeated protestations.
                    Indeed.

Comment

What she said.

Comment

I have to say, I was at first offended that some whippersnapper, an upstart with less than 10,000 total posts to his name (who probably never even saw OTF Classic or OTF Gold) should criticise our posting habits, but then I just figured it was the callowness of youth, and decided instead to ignore it while giving IWU a fatherly ruffle of the hair.

Comment

Working...
                        X