Red Sex Blue Sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Sex Blue Sex

Long but very interesting article about the attitudes towards sex of evangelical teenagers in the USA. There is a wide gulf between their stated sexual beliefs and their actual sexual behavior.

Evangelicals teens are the most likely to say that sex should be abstained before marriage, and they also least expect that sex itself will be pleasurable (Jewish kids are the most enthusiastic about sex). And yet they are the second youngest group to lose their virginity (on average just after their sixteenth birthday).

Those evangelical who say they look to God and the church to advise them on using contraceptives are the least likely of all to use contraceptives, whereas 69% of kids who look who look to no one for advice use contraceptives regularly.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/11/03/081103fa_fact_talbot?currentPage=2

Red Sex Blue Sex

Those Christian evangelists are missing a trick there.
    Join your local church; you'll get sex sooner! That's the message to bring the teenagers streaming through their doors surely.

Comment

Red Sex Blue Sex

Took me a while to find it, but...

-

-

Now what kind of message does this send to our youth?

Comment

Red Sex Blue Sex

Dont wear bad wigs.

Comment

Red Sex Blue Sex

Particularly not whilst being used by Jesus.

Comment

Red Sex Blue Sex

I'd love to think that they were three boys.

Comment

Red Sex Blue Sex

(For humourous reason, you understand, rather than any perverse predilection of my own)

Comment

Red Sex Blue Sex

Mumpo wrote:
                (For humourous reason, you understand, rather than any perverse predilection of my own)
                Too late!

Comment

Working...
                X