Lack of interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of interest

Yeah but you know more about this than we do.
    Perhaps, but, as they say, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. I've no confidence that what I'd say is accurate except in the very broadest terms, which Rogin has already given. About all I can confidently say is that quantitative easing increases central bank reserves and thus M0, the measure of the most liquid parts of the money supply. In theory, banks with excess reserves (on which they earn no or negligible interest, depending on the central bank) will be incentivised to lend out those reserves. The details of what happens after that I'm much less certain on, but obviously it's an inflationary action.

Comment

Lack of interest

Anyone seen the Daily Show on the 12th with Jon Stewart and that guy from Fast money called Jim Cramer.

I am loving Stewart even more and more for taking this face of fast money to task.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=221518&title=jim-cramer-unedited-interview

Comment

Lack of interest

Yeah it's terrific stuff isn't it? Populist, indignant and entertaining journalism at its very very best.

Comment

Lack of interest

Yeah I saw it too after seeing the article in the Observer. 'Skewered' was the word that came to mind. Jon Stewart absolutely nailed him.

Comment

Working...
          X