Amsterdamned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amsterdamned

... is what I will be if I don't find somewhere in Amsterdam to watch us stuff the Mackems.

Anyone recommend somewhere that might be showing it and won't be shit? The closer to Centraal/Damrak the better.

Amsterdamned

I seem to remember there's a few sports bars on the Damrak...and there's an Irish bar at the top end of the red light area that shows games

Comment

Amsterdamned

Theres a Sports Bar on the Zeedijk (edge of the red light area) which will show it, and a HUGE sports bar on the Leidseplein, which will be packed but has a load of TVs and WILL show it.

*edit actually, The Leidseplein one http://www.satellitesportscafe.nl/web/index.php is apparently not that big, so get there early to get a decent seat. It is also right next door to a 'Bulldog' if I remember rightly, as you will probably gather from the smell.

Zeedijk is about 5 minutes from Centraal station, and Leidseplein (a big square) is about a 10/15 minute tram ride from Centraal.

Comment

Amsterdamned

Thanks for the tips.

I've just realised it's an early kickoff, and I'm having to get the train up from Tilburg on the day; I might be lucky to get in on time to be honest.

A couple of years back I watched Man United in Europe with some friends in a lovely pub, but I'm buggered if I can remember where it is.

Oh well.

That's nice.

Comment

Amsterdamned

O'Donnel's Genuine Oirish Pub-Style Experience is a good place to watch football, they have one big screen and two smaller. It's by far the biggest Oirish pub in Amsterdam and Seamus who owns it is a good bloke.

It's on Heinekenplein which as the name suggests is the square immediately behind the Heineken museum. About ten minutes on Trams 16 and 24 from C.S.

Comment

Amsterdamned

Seamus is a good bloke but we still haven't forgiven him for showing the England-Cameroon friendly instead of the Ireland-Belgium playoff qualification match in 1997.

Comment

Amsterdamned

I'll probably be making a trip down to Heinekenplein, then. On the off chance any of you fancing trying to get some sense out of me, I'll be happy to get a few beers in.

I want to be on bloody holiday!

Comment

Working...
              X