The terrible impacts of the financial crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's time to start a thread for all those peculiarly ridiculous newspaper articles about how to survive the credit crunch, or the impacts of the financial crisis.

You know the stuff that fills lifestyle columns "Feeling the pinch a bit we were looking at how best to rightsize our family's spending. We now only eat out 3 times a week, and instead buy ready meals from Waitrose. They're quite wonderful, particularly the spring lamb with organic haricot and peppadew sauce. We've also decided to cut back on the spring and autumn holidays, and only go to France this year..."

Or "Thanks to the financial crisis, this is a perfect opportunity to get into some of the more heavily booked of London's restaurants, says restaurant critic the Hon Tarquin Smythwycke-Fiennes".

To start you off here's a piece on how the credit crunch is hitting the nanny business...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2439913/Nanny-sharing-increases-due-to-credit-crunch.html

The Times today had a piece suggesting that "magic circle" (!) lawyer's salaries in the city were likely to drop from the accustomed £1m a year to less than £500k a year.

I want to start a charity appeal for them.

Comment

A mate of mine at the Indy said that they were ordered to do a piece on how the credit crunch is causing problems for corporate hospitality companies.

Comment

I'm already tired of reading stories about people saving money by taking a 'staycation' this year.

Comment

We used to call it Romania, WOM

Comment

Working...
          X