O tempora, O mores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O tempora, O mores

If we're talking about creepiness in films then I agree with you, but that film doesn't look like it's meant to be creepy, does it? It looks like enormously silly cartoon-violent fun.

Comment

O tempora, O mores

delicatemoth wrote:
      If we're talking about creepiness in films then I agree with you, but that film doesn't look like it's meant to be creepy, does it? It looks like enormously silly cartoon-violent fun.
      Meh, it doesn't even make me laugh though, gore. I'll get around to watching that trailer in a minute, but when people say "Oh, I love splatter movies, they're such FUN!" my Kitsch Alarm goes off.

Comment

O tempora, O mores

The link's over a year old though, maybe this isn't happening?

Anyway this is the sort of thing I was thinking about in terms of genre. Like, what makes Audition such a great film is that it starts out so sweetly, gently romantic, and the descent into shivering bloody madness is so so so so slowly done.

Nothing makes gore more pointless than when it's accompanied by pomposity, either, but that also applies to some films that deliberately keep the violence off-screen because they think it it makes it more effective. Yes I'm thinking of Funny Games.

Comment

O tempora, O mores

I just noticed it was 2007, not 2008. I'm not bothered whether it's happening or not. The fact it was considered gives me enough to hang my narrative of decline on.

Comment

O tempora, O mores

Ginger Yellow wrote:
            Anyway, I haven't actually seen Tetsuo
            Remedy this immediately.

Comment

O tempora, O mores

I might have seen a pixelated version of it.

Comment

Working...
              X