Upgrading a laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading a laptop

How difficult is it to put additional memory in a laptop? Anyone done it?

It's pretty easy to upgrade a desktop PC, but there's obviously much more room to move about in there. I'm a bit apprehensive about taking a laptop apart.

Upgrading a laptop

Pretty easy, especially if you're used to tinkering with a PC. It's the first thing I did when I got a new laptop last year. I did a search, and there was a step-by-step photo explanation on some website, but it's fairly obvious. The memory kind of slides in/clips in at an angle.

Comment

Upgrading a laptop

From what I've seen it can be very easy. On the Macbook for example the memory bays are just behind the battery. 5 mins to do, it seems.

Comment

Upgrading a laptop

depends on the model of the laptop. usually it's pretty easy.
        What brand and model do you have?

Comment

Upgrading a laptop

The action itself is easy, on mine all I had to do is unscrew a little cover, take off the existing chip and slot the new one in. However, choosing the right memory is the tricky bit, what size ram, what speed, what type of card, etc

Comment

Upgrading a laptop

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Memory---Laptop?refmen=ln

the memory configurator here will help.

Comment

Upgrading a laptop

I've got an old Dell Latitude D400, which is still providing sterling service. The info is all here -- what worries me is that it says that one DIMM has to be installed under the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
              X