Paxman, Sodomy And The Lash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone happen to watch Newsnight last night?

After he'd done his usual cursory and dismissive round-up of the next morning's newspaper headlines, Jeremy Paxman said:

"It's the anniversary of the Battle Of Trafalgar. I'm off for a nip of rum, but I won't bother with the other two traditions which are associated with the Navy."

I can't believe he said that. Brilliant.

Had there been any guest politicians, that night?

Comment

Now you mention it, I think I saw Norman Lamont... (although that might have been on Sky News).

Comment

I'm reading Owning-Up at the moment, George Melly's memoirs of his time in jazz bands during the 50's and 60's. The next volume, which covers his time in the Navy, is called Rum, Bum And Concertina.

Comment

Having read a short article with tasting notes about a few good rum in that excellent magazine "The Chap", I quite fancy learning more about it. I'm equally uninterested by the other two, well, at least one of the two...

Comment

May I BAT my lashes?

Comment

Paxman is the pseudo Robin Day, for our age... but at least Mr Paxman fucks politicians... 'Sir' Robin Day, tried, and failed when it was critical... think Thatcher, '79 and '81. And again in '84 and '86. And then Mr Day gave up because immovable object, and total twat etc...

Comment

Working...
              X