Me: Schmoozing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still keep a lookout for "Mrs Furtho"-branded bags in department stores, by the way. Heh.

Comment

We're good, thank you. Cough.

Comment

I had a pair of Lean Pockets(TM), an orange and a Diet Coke for lunch.

They looked a lot like this, but I think this isn't the current package design.

Comment

Oh my god oh my god! Yey! Great stuff. And just in time for Christmas!

Comment

Er, that's to Furtho, regarding the discovery of that site, not at the thrill of discovering lean pockets. Lovely as they look.

Comment

Lean pockets are the ideal lunch food because I can fill my freezer with them and then just grab one on my way out the door to work.

Comment

Hehe, thanks very much, Wolf. She just started that site and the accompanying shop proprly the other day and it's going well so far. Free lean pockets as a promo idea for her? Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Lean pockets are the ideal lunch food because I can fill my freezer with them and then just grab one on my way out the door to work.
                  Shouldn't you at least defrost them before you eat them?

Comment

Yes, we have three microwaves in the office kitchen.

Comment

Come on men. De Gustibus is an upmarket bakery. Five quid a loaf it is there.

Comment

I thought this was a thread about Steve Sommers, the greatest overnight sports talk show host in the history of mankind.

His tagline with his marble-mouthed New Yorker delivery was "Me-Here, You-There, SCHMOOZING.....under the covers".

He'd always talk about taking his dates to Joe's Papaya King, which if you're in New York City is the funniest joke ever told.

Comment

I saw a 'De Gustibus' when I was down last week. How are you suppose to pronuonce it?

Comment

Day Gus-tib-us, but the "us"es are pronounced northern.

Comment

I share jv's confusion here.

This thread has had zero to do with schmoozing.

If Gazza had played in New York, I can guarantee that he would have shown up at Papaya King (or Gray's Papaya, if he drank on the West Side).

Comment

I was knocking about with celebs, wasn't I? Schmoozing with them. Ligging and rubbing shoulders with the great and good.

Comment

I saw Bill 'Sea Of Souls' Patterson wandering around the courtyard at the V&A last week, if that counts as 'schmoozing'. You could tell he was a thesp - his every gesture and expression was exaggerated to the nth degree. Life's a performance, darling, life's a performance.

Comment

I still can't believe the look of bewilderment I faced from the Gregg's staff in Nottingham when I asked where the glace cherry was on their Belgian Buns.

Comment

While we're on the subject of Greggs, I'd like to smack McGuinness for the way he says "proper coffee" in the ads. If only because it gives my southern Mrs easy ammunition.

Plus they've changed the recipe for the Cheese and Ham slices. Useless.

Comment

Why is a pastry that is, at least from the picture that CTT put up, self-contained called a "slice" when it hasn't been sliced from anything?

Of course, in NYC a "slice" can mean one thing and one thing only--

For other people, it can mean this guy--

Comment

Having just eaten a Gregg's cheese and onion pasty, I would like to add that what they are filled with resembles not so much snot, as virulent syphilitic discharge.

Comment

A filling, I take it, with which you are acquainted...

Comment

I saw Bill 'Sea Of Souls' Patterson wandering around the courtyard at the V&A last week, if that counts as 'schmoozing'.
                                              I saw him outside Archway tube station a couple of months back, which was kind of the last sort of place I'd expect to.

Comment

current earworm: "le pastie de la bourgeoisie".

Comment

Grrrrreggs more like, those places really boil my piss, I've never known a baker's stink so bad. A childhood saunter past a "Sparks" or a "Carricks" was an olfactory oasis amongst the stink of the butcher's or the fishmonger, even today the foreign likes of a "Peter's Cathedral Baker's" or "Cooplands" can give brief respite but that Geordie noseworm just plain honks.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X