Me: Schmoozing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Jo Brand and Tracy Barlow today. In the space of about five minutes of each other. Tracy Barlow was sat outside a pub with her mates, looking good for a convicted murderer who's meant to be in jail. And Jo Brand was coming out of the post office. She looks a lot less funny in real life.

To celebrate this I treated myself to a Mexican Slice from Greggs. Verdict? Not what I'd hoped for.

You were going to compare the Mexican Slice with something else that made me hungry. The steak bake, perhaps? It sounds like it didn't compare favourably.

Comment

So this is what OTF looks like. I'd forgotten.

Comment

Sausage, bean and cheese melt, probably.

They've changed the recipe for that. Which is ever so disappointing. I was a big fan, but now I'm just a regular fan.

Comment

what is greggs

Comment

It's a 'bakery'.

Comment

I think the hi-def digital 21st-century term is 'microwavery'.

Comment

Greggs is an upmarket bakery. They have actual onions in their cheese and onion pasties, whereas Sayers just have some snot-like goo. It's considerably more expensive - 60p each, whereas Sayers often sell 2 for £1 - but you get what you pay for.

Comment

Whoa, upmarket? And they changed a recipe? I need a sit down. Oh. Maybe a cup of tea as well then.

Comment

I was shocked at how expensive stuff is in Greggs down here.

Comment

As if I wasn't as lost enough not knowing who the two people EIM saw are, he then mentions something called a "Mexican Slice." What is that?

Comment

The "Greggs dummy" is in Roger's profanisaurus, referring to children in pushchairs in shopping centres who are kept quiet by their parents shoving something vaguely pasty-shaped and stuffed with dogfood into their hungry little mouths.

Comment

You don't want to know, Inca. You really don't.

Comment

Here

Comment

Doh, I forgot that idiotic twat Patrick McGuinness was advertising for them.

Definitely add him to the shit stand-ups thread.

Comment

Ah. So it's like a Hot Pocket.

Comment

In the sense that you've just shat yourself and you're referring to your own back pocket.

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
                                    The "Greggs dummy" is in Roger's profanisaurus, referring to children in pushchairs in shopping centres who are kept quiet by their parents shoving something vaguely pasty-shaped and stuffed with dogfood into their hungry little mouths.
                                    Do I get let off if I take my niece to the park instead of the shopping centre, only give her vegetarian pastry products, and offer some orange juice with it?

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
                                      In the sense that you've just shat yourself and you're referring to your own back pocket.

Comment

Wolf2 wrote:
                                        Whoa, upmarket? And they changed a recipe? I need a sit down. Oh. Maybe a cup of tea as well then.
                                        It's upmarket compared to Sayers. Probably on a par with Cooplands, but it's ages since I've been to Cooplands. It's not posh, like the places on Ecclesall road that have pasties for over £1, use the word 'vegan' on price tags and sell organic bread.

Comment

Whoah. Real cheese? Do they sell them in waitrose or something?

Comment

I'd have said hello to Tracy Barlow. Don't know who that other one is.

Welcome back Wolf2. Where ya been at?

Comment

Thanks, nice to be back. Not sure how "back" I am, haven't been on as much since the site switched to this mobile-unfriendly place. Been semi-lurking over on the quick-loading 40%.

Miss this joint, I must say.

Comment

Yeah, good to see you, Wolf. You okay?

Comment

I'm very well, thanks. You? Strangely, a recent promotion has given me more work, but I seemed to be finding more time for things. I think it comes from being forced to be organized, and (dare I say it) almost enjoying multself at work now.

I'd love to ask "what I miss?" but I fear the response.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X