Honey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey

Almost all the cheese-hating seems to come from the Hungarian-speaking part of Romania, in fact.

Comment

Honey

I also don't like honey.

And it comes from bees arses.

Comment

Honey

Wyatt, would you care to explain why you don't like honey?

Comment

Honey

I don't know. That's really difficult with flavours, don't you think? It's not as if you can say you find its imagery trite, or that you think it sold out after the second album. I just don't like it. I think I want it to taste something like maple syrup, which of course it never does.

I don't mind it if it's used to glaze ham.

Comment

Honey

Almost all the cheese-hating seems to come from the Hungarian-speaking part of Romania, in fact.

The cheese hating fraternity also has a chapter in Rome

Comment

Honey

And Peckham/Dulwich.

Comment

Honey

See, south of the Thames. That's practically France.

Comment

Honey

I don't know. That's really difficult with flavours, don't you think? It's not as if you can say you find its imagery trite, or that you think it sold out after the second album
                  I thought it might perhaps be more the texture you took issue with rather than the taste; or that you simply found it too sweet.

Comment

Honey

Oh, I get you. No, it's the flavour.

Comment

Honey

WE, that's a fairly wide range of flavours you're dismissing as a single flavour there. It's almost like saying you don't like herbal tea (covering everything from peppermint to elderflower) because of "the flavour".

There are some honeys I don't like the flavour of. Orange blossom, on the other hand....

Comment

Honey

Yep, that's like dismissing real ale as home-brew with bits in it that taste of wet-socks...

Comment

Honey

Well, I think there's a common thread running through honey flavours, and that in that respect honeys differ from herbal teas. But as it happens I don't like them either. I like normal tea.

Comment

Honey

WE is right. There is clearly a honey flavour which runs through all honeys even if it is added to by various other flavours. The same with cheese, for example. Obviously cheeses don't all taste the same - but they all have that certain cheeseness that makes them all inedible (to me, obv).

Comment

Honey

Fair enough, point taken.

I suppose in theory somebody might even make some similar claim about diversity of flavour amongst different blue cheeses (blue cheese being pretty much the only common human foodstuff on the planet that I won't eat), and it would meet a similar response from me. Although I might forgo "it's the flavour" in favour of "it makes me think I'm going to throw up".

Comment

Working...
                              X