Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What just happened to the talkpunk thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the fact that this thread could kick off even more because of punctuation and, in that vein, I am going to get MsD on your arse and say it is "Kris'" "Carcass'" and "Banks'".

I am Lynne Truss and I wrote the book on punctuation and know all punctuation traditions

Comment

Have you slept with a bloke who has a piece of her furniture in his bedroom? I think not. So you can shut up.

Say it out loud. Then write it down.

Comment

Two "s"s.

Two "s"es.

I haven't a fucking clue.

Comment

Actually,those two points are the best arguments I have ever heard on here ever.

Comment

The first one, obviously, not the second one which makes you sound pissed

Comment

Good man, I knew you'd see sense.

Just seeing it is like...sitting in a railway carriage for a long journey and seeing the arms of people's jackets and straps of their bags spilling over the edge of the luggage rack above the seats
              Brilliant.

Comment

So I was right then?

Comment

Opinion is split. I don't know who can give us a definitive answer but I don't think it's going to be anyone anywhere near this thread around midnight.

Comment

QUOTE:
                    Just seeing it is like...sitting in a railway carriage for a long journey and seeing the arms of people's jackets and straps of their bags spilling over the edge of the luggage rack above the seats

Brilliant.
                    Don't start him on asymmetrical microphone stands on stage

Harri's right. It's a aesthetic issue not an oral one.

I am Indecisive Dave off The Fast Show

Comment

Eric's - you agreed with me, of bloody course you're bloody right.

Comment

http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

It seems the Apostrophe Protection Society is with TonTon and me:

2. They are used to denote possession, for example:
                        the dog's bone
                        the company's logo
                        Jones's bakery (but Joneses' bakery if owned by more than one Jones)

Comment

EIM wrote:
                          Jones's bakery (but Joneses' bakery if owned by more than one Jones)
                          So "Carcass's" and "Kris's" are not right then? Indeed, you and Tonton are wrong.

Comment

Oh dear, Harri.

Comment

Ah, misread it.

Comment

Looks fucking horrible though, I'm sticking as I was.

Any proper baker named Jones would call his shop "Jones the Bun's" anyway.

Comment

Nice to see Ton Ton being impressed with Eric's's opinion.

Comment

Hahaha - nice one.

Comment

Carcass be afraid ,be very afraid...........

Woman jailed after 'killing' virtual husband
                                      http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/...rtual-husband/

A 43-year-old Japanese player in a virtual game world became so angry about her sudden divorce from her online husband, she logged on with his password and killed his avatar.
                                      She is now being held in a real-world prison on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data.
                                      While police have not yet formally charged the woman, she could face up to five years' jail if found guilty.
                                      Police said the piano teacher used her online husband's ID and password to log onto the online game Maple Story to carry out the virtual murder.
                                      They did not believe she had plotted any revenge in the real world.
                                      In August, a woman was charged in the US state of Delaware with plotting the real-life abduction of a boyfriend she met through the virtual reality website Second Life.

Comment

Working...
                                      X