Broken home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken home

Nothing fucking works in my fucking house. We have FOUR DVD players -- all fucked. Though the surround sound thingy sometimes has mercy and will not give me a DISC ERROR. And two of them were cheapos.

We have two cars. One doesn't start because the alternator seems screwed. The other seems to have empathy pains: it needed to be jump-started twice in a week.

I have a laptop that doesn't work, one of the TVs has lost its colour. And one plate on our three-years-old stove doesn't work.

And now Windows on my PC won't start up, saying something about a Boot Disc which I don't have. Can't see the Master drive (or whatever it's called; the C Drive), doesn't list it in the start-up.

There are times when I wish I was Amish.

Broken home

Easily remedied, take one bourbon, one scotch and one beer.

Comment

Broken home

in the same glass.

Comment

Broken home

Knowing my place, the beer will be flat, the bourbon off, the bottle of Scotch empty. And all glasses broken.

Comment

Broken home

Not trying to one up you, but I might as well have a bloody whinge here:

- we have one blind that falls off the wall approximately 25% of times one tries to use it
          - the floor of our living room is covered in the shells of two desktop PCs, halfway towards being built into a computer. It doesn't seem to work, no matter what I do. My floor is covered in power supplies, old DVD drives and PCI boards.
          - I have two broken laptops, one missing a hard disk, one missing a power supply. One of them also has a broken screen. I'm not sure which is which any more.
          - something is leaking under the sink, I think it might be the washing machine.
          - the washing machine often leaves my clothes smelling like old tea towels. This might be connected to the leak, who knows. I am not an alchemist.
          - one of the first things I did when we moved in was stand on the bedside table, not noticing it was only bolted to the bed. It broke.
          - I have stripped my bass, in preparation for the massive rebuilding job I'm about to do in advance of starting a new band. It's been two weeks and half of the stuff I ordered hasn't turned up. In amongst the PC parts lying around, there are now parts of my bridge, old machine heads and piles of rusty screws.
          - the kitchen chairs that were here when we moved in are shit. Half of them have very loose backs, the other half have eagerly splaying legs. Sitting down has become a game of Russian roulette.
          - our postbox, formerly bolted to the wall inside the front door, has fallen off said wall. I can still get my mail, but it involves stooping down in the middle of the hallway. Also, I am ludicrously paranoid that, whilst the box itself is locked, some nefarious bugger could pick up the whole thing and carry it away to break open at their leisure.
          - my girlfriend broke the handle off my Jack Daniel's mug.

Half of these things are probably my fault, but still.

Comment

Broken home

Half? How would it only be half?

Why don't you people chuck out stuff that's broken?

Comment

Broken home

Because broken things can be fixed?

Comment

Broken home

How many of G-Man's DVD players are going to get fixed?

Comment

Broken home

Dunno like, not spoke to the fella.

I mean, I always mean to fix up these laptops (like the other pcs) and give them to someone that can use them. I'll probably never get around to it, but I'm loathe to just chuck them out. I'm not entirely sure what facilities there are nearby for refurbishing/recycling electrical appliances, but there's certainly none within easy lugging distance.

Comment

Working...
                  X