Autumn is the best!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn is the best!

Torrential rain rattling the windows, thunder echoing between the hills, lighting splitting the skies, she moves closer, in her sleep, reaches for your arm and makes you hold her, close, tight. Then she wakes…. for some…. passion.

The outdoor colors are great!
    If it's not raining, you go for a nice stroll.
    If it's raining, you have an excuse to download a few flicks, watch them, then shag in the sofa!

Autumn is the best!

I'm replacing summer with autumn as my fav season.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

In OTF fashion, top 5 seasons:

1. Autumn
      2. Spring
      3. Summer
      4. 1998/99
      5. Winter

Comment

Autumn is the best!

I must admit shagging in the sofa is a much better reason to like Autumn than mists or mellow fruitfulness.

I'm a Spring man myself.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

Hang on. I thought we were all loving the parks? What's all this "seasons" rubbish?

Although you're right, Autumn rocks. Particularly this one, which seems to be quite mild and really lovely at present.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

Autumn's about as lovely as a wet sock. It is an oppressive month. It bears down like a grey shroud, making the world dark and cold. I mean not the whole world, oviously. Not at once, anyway. But the bit it's bearing down on at any given time certainly gets very dark and cold.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

Autumn is the best suited season for England. Winters are too mild and summers too cool (with those rare warm days affecting the indigenous population so much that you fear a rabbies epdidemic is taking hold...) whilst spring although suitably topsy-turvy weather wise fills people up with optimisim which is then dashed by yet another July and August of 18c maxes and rain.

No autumn is best in England, it brings out the inate melancholy of the place, (good) pubs have a roaring fire for the wary hiker who just spent 4 hours getting wet and muddy or even the foppish, bescarfed urban dweller who wants to read his paper. The ales become stronguer, filled with unusual spices. Game is on the menu and the food generally turns to flavours closer to home, dishing the half-arsed exotica available in summer (you can shove your bruschetta up your arse...) for dishes more in tune with the soul of the country. The football season is in full swing up and down the country. Most importantly, the weather never disapoints: rain and low clouds are expected and if there is a clear day, under a mellow sun, so much the better. Winds are stronguer, playing havoc with hats and scarves and giving you rosy cheeks.

Autumn rocks in England!

Comment

Autumn is the best!

Autumn is good right up to the point the fuckers put the clocks back.

May is good. I like May.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

Having just spent the weekend on a narrowboat or in various pub gardens by the River Wey I can say I've developed a new-found respect for Autumn. Especially when it feels like Summer.
                  If only it stayed light later.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

I would happily live in a 4 season climate if the 4 seasons were summer, late spring, early autumn amd summer. It's already too dark and too wet, and it'll soon be too cold, too.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

Tiny Bulcher wrote:
                      I must admit shagging in the sofa is a much better reason to like Autumn than mists or mellow fruitfulness.
                      Where do you stand on close bosom-friends?

Comment

Autumn is the best!

In the south, autumn is best for most of the reasons 1890 gives. If I lived in the north I might prefer winter, though. Also: being able to wear coats, but without needing to.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

The unremitting cheerfulness of this thread title makes me think of Dinosaur Comics. And that is a good thing.

I've been very dismissive of autumn thus far this year - 1890's vision is all well and good, but there's not much of that going on round my way - until I was on my work today and the wind came up a bit, causing a tree to unleash half of it's leaves in a mad swirl about my person. For a split second the air smelt like my junior school playing fields, and it all went a bit wistful.

Then the moment was ruined by some fucker nearly running me over because he was driving around eating a fucking sandwich.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

This autumn is my favourite ever as it is like summer with football.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

You non-cricket-fans, man. I pity you.

Comment

Autumn is the best!

If by North you mean the Highlands of Scotland, point taken GY but in the North of England, short of living atop the Pennines or Lake District, there is precious little winter to enjoy (I'm not strictly obsessed about snow but rather cold, when you know you need a jumper and a coat to go out without as much as checking the weather forecast to see if it's not low teens out there...)

Comment

Working...
                                X