Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking Christian C*ntbag Ratfuck Fuckwit

Quite unbelievable.

At least he's being disciplined for it. My lot would probably promote him.

As someone I know said about this, he's behind the times, as well. It's all pictures of rotting lungs and cancerous lips these days. The kidz don't have the attention span or vocabulary for long words like 'sodomy'...

I heard that this bloke says terrible things about Muslims too.

Comment

He's backed down now and apologised.

I reckon it would catch on, though. In the same way that the Nazi pink triangle ended up being a gay emblem, and words like 'queer' got co-opted, it wouldn't be long before people started voluntarily wearing that tattoo as a fashion item (as well as handy come-hither semaphore, like the hanky code in permanent ink).

Comment

I was going to say that we should keep an open mind until we see the proposed designs.

Seriously, the CofE had better kick him out but will the Telegraph?

Comment

I expect the Torygraph approves of this sort of thing.

Our paperboy delivered us a copy in error this week. I was stuck for reading material at breakfast this morning so I glanced through it. I especially enjoyed the letters page. Truly a newspaper for the feeble-minded.

Comment

The good Reverend says it was satirical. Without knowing the context of his remarks, surely we can't just take that report at face value. He might be an ecclesiastical Onion, for all we know.

Of course, if he really thinks such thoughts, then he should be dismissed.

Comment

Shouldn't all men come with that warning?

No pun intended.

Or would it go on the woman?

Comment

I've met this bloke's wife (who seemed OK and runs some excellent classical concerts) and shown visitors round one of his churches in the City. He has indeed come up with nasty shit before. As soon as I saw it was an Anglican being discussed here, I thought it might be him seeing he seems to be on a mission to make himself the worst person in the whole church. I won't be volunteering at that church any more.

Comment

Rector of St Michael’s Cornhill and St Sepulchre without Newgate in the City

So what did Newgate do wrong, aside from once being a prison of course? Is there also a Rector of Newgate in the City without St Michael’s Cornhill and St Sepulchre? There has to be a story in there somewhere.

Comment

Who was it whose location on the old board was 'without a city wall'?

Now I'm doing what I always did when I saw that which is singing 'There is a green hill far a-away' and being transported back to assembly.

Comment

Lyra wrote:

Now I'm doing what I always did when I saw that which is singing 'There is a green hill far a-away' and being transported back to assembly.
                      I like that one, apart from the way it goes all threatening on

"Where our dear Lord was CRU-CI-FIED!"

which sounds really cool, and then the tune somehow really wimps out on

"He died to save us all."

"O Sacred Head, Sore Wounded" is the Daddy of Good Friday hymns, of course.

Comment

He "apologises":

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2008/oct/14/theregions-pressandpublishing1

The "generous 1967 Act" is my favourite bit.

Oh yeah, and "the love that once dare not speak its name now shrieks at us in high camp down every high street"

and "homosexualist"

Comment

Lyra wrote:
                          'Twas mine. The area of Harrow that I live in is Greenhill...

Comment

Oh, and the full location was Far away, without a city wall. I liked the location bit of the old board.

Comment

Somehow, this example...

The rector, who has written for The Daily Telegraph, insisted that he meant no harm: "I wrote some satirical things on my blog and anybody with an ounce of sense of humour or any understanding of the tradition of English satire would immediately assume that they’re light-hearted jokes."

..loses its context somewhat when placed against this...

The Rev Dr Peter Mullen, who is rector of St Michael’s Cornhill and St Sepulchre without Newgate in the City, said in an internet blog that homosexuality was "clearly unnatural, a perversion and corruption of natural instincts and affections, and because it is a cause of fatal disease".

Well, fuck me sideways, step aside Lenny Bruce, because a New King Of Satire has just entered the Arena of Sly British Humour. Floats like Last of the Summer Wine, stings like The Day Today. Peter, Rev, Mullers, me old son, is there any way you could die of a slow debilitating disease, preferably in agony? Dearie me, there's my light-hearted side coming out again...

Comment

"Well, fuck me sideways..."

I would, but I doubt the reverend would approve.

Comment

What a twisted, slimy little bastard (not you, GY).

"Sex, whether homosexual or heterosexual, is a private matter and it should be kept private."
                                  So why not have a go at people "promoting" heterosexual sex in public - whatever that might actually mean - too, rather than those "promoting" gayness by being all gay and that without hiding it beneath a big, grey woolly cardigan?

I always want to know what gay Christians have to say whenever their bosses (or whatever they are) show their true colours like this. You never hear a peep from them, though, do you?

Comment

He reckons that gay people should have their chins tatooed with "FELLATIO KILL". Surely it'd be more effective as a warning tatooed just below the belly button or that area?

Comment

He's not anyone's boss, LL. He has an honorary title re the Stock Exchange and looks after a couple of city churches without a parish. I've seen some Anglican services in the City. They can safely accommodate everyone in the choir stalls. His own boss, the Bishop of London, slapped him down.

I do think he probably made these marks satirically, as it happened. But of course satire tends to have a point behind it- and clearly the point behind it is to be nasty to gays.

Comment

Vicars are bosses in terms of telling the Christians how to behave, though, aren't they. It's just that most of them are at the lower middle management level.

Comment

Vicars are bosses in terms of telling the Christians how to behave, though, aren't they.
                                          No. They have no intrinsic binding authority.

Comment

The problem is more that media give him authority. He's got the column with the Northern Echo referred to above, the gig with the Social Affairs Unit and has written occasional stuff in the Telegraph. Some on the hard right (who as far as I can tell have no interest in the Anglican Church at all) have latched on to him as a "hammer of the liberals" type.

Comment

No. They have no intrinsic binding authority
                                              Hey, my boss tells me not to spend all day on here. Doesn't make a jot of difference.

Sure, she could get me sacked in theory, but it would be virtually impossible in fact. Whereas vicars can send people to HELL.

Comment

You're still pseudonymous though, I see

Comment

Yeah, but GOD knows who he is...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X