Parks are great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parks are great!

It's where you take her on the first date for a nice stroll, a picnic if weather permits

It’s where you hang out with the mates and play some 5-a-side, on a pitch without lines, and goalposts made out of the shirts one of the sides has to play without

It’s where you take your family on a lazy Sunday afternoon

It’s where you go on your own, to walk a mile, relax, gather your thoughts

It’s where you go for some jogging

It’s where you go to enjoy nature and some peace in the midst of a chaotic, noisy city

It’s a perfect place to install art

It’s where you go once you grow old and the kids have moved out, to take a stroll with your grey-haired missus and your bald head

It’s where you go La’Primavera, where you’re sat on a blanket under a tree with your 6-month old baby-child on your lap

It’s where you go L'estate, where you be sat on a bench with your mate and flirt with the women in mini-skirts passing by

It’s where you go L'autunno, with your mom, sister and grandmother, where you take that passage through the small forest, under a Michelangelo roof nature has painted, and you can’t tell grandmother whether the mushrooms she’s spotted are eatable or poisonous.

It’s where you go L'inverno, where you take the girl you’ve been dating for 3 months to go ice-skating

It’s where you go to feed the ducks once you become so old they’re thinking about making a commemorative stamp with your face on it

Parks are brilliant! For so many reasons. Park’s the kind of place where most people leave the car at home and take the tram, or whatever, to get there.

The only downside I can think of is that parks are not the place you should pass through at night, especially not women.

I should walk parks more often when I visit other cities. Not walk through them, not just use them as a short cut. You don’t rush through parks, you stroll through them, preferably not on asphalt, but on walkways laid with those small, small stones, a mix of silver, grey and pink, that make a crunching sound as you walk it in your moseying shoes.

Parks rock!

Parks are great!

PPV, yesterday.

Comment

Parks are great!

I should walk parks more often when I visit other cities. Not walk through them, not just use them as a short cut.
      That's one thing I always do when I visit a city - check out the parks. When I used to go to Barcelona every year for our industry's big conference, it was three years before I did anything touristy other than chilling out in the parks on Montjuic.

Comment

Parks are great!

You should check out the Volkspark Friedrichshain if you're ever in Berlin. Particularly in winter, when the view from the top (if you can make it, what with the ice and snow) is spectacular.

In addition, Café Atlantic just up the road serves a fantastic fruhstuck for next to nowt.

Comment

Parks are great!

What a lovely post. I often wish I had your capacity for living in the moment ppv.

Comment

Parks are great!

You do have the capacity within yourself, you just need two days with Yoda.

Comment

Parks are great!

Toby, Midsummer's Eve in Gothenburg's Slottskogen is to recommend.

Comment

Parks are great!

Thanks. Now I have to take The Lovely Mrs Gymshorts to Gothenburg....

(Kidding, cheers for the recommendation. We've been wondering where to hit next....)

Comment

Parks are great!

I give up. I don't get Wyatt's. Am not sure it is so important to do so.

Comment

Parks are great!

You should check out the Volkspark Friedrichshain if you're ever in Berlin. Particularly in winter, when the view from the top (if you can make it, what with the ice and snow) is spectacular.
                    Word. That was my favourite discovery in the city this summer, although I did find myself stranded in a glade with a COMPLETELY NAKED sunbathing guy at one point (you don't see that in Hyde Park, I can tell you). Made up for the lack of sundials, I guess.

Anyway, Brockwell Park is London's hidden arcadia. I had to walk through it this sunny morning; it's probably the best place on earth.

PPV, are parks also where you go to "feed the pigeons"?

Comment

Parks are great!

By way of explanation, PPV: Brilliant! (From the people who bought you Swiss Toni.)

Comment

Parks are great!

Yeah, I was saying the same thing as aiatl, really, only in a more smartarse way.

Comment

Parks are great!

Lucia Lanigan wrote:
                          I did find myself stranded in a glade with a COMPLETELY NAKED sunbathing guy
                          This didn't happen to me. Although given that I was there in January and it was 7 below, I wasn't much surprised.

Comment

Parks are great!

It's where you take her on the first date for a nice stroll, a picnic if weather permits
                            I took her to see Gangs of New York. She still married me.

Comment

Working...
                            X