hmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm

Actually, fuck it, I will put this over on books, because there's been a fair amount of discussion of the aesthetics of books themselves.

Delete, please, admins...

hmm

I quite like these orphan threads, though.

Comment

hmm

There is something quite beautiful about them.

This could have been the best thread ever on OTF, full of the interchange of ideas, deep thoughts and the occasional splash of on topic humour. But now; well we will never know, all we have is the image of what may have been.

Comment

hmm

Comment

hmm

that is a shockingly bad training shoe.

The people from Dunlop must be laughing their arses off.

Comment

hmm

It's giving me a laurel laurel laughs.

Comment

hmm

Christ. RIP the tennis shoe.

There is a dearth of decent trabs around at the minute, mind. Even adidas are (re) releasing utter shite. And there's too much of this 'exclusive to JJB' or 'exclusive to Office' shit going on. Fuck JJB and fuck Office. And fuck luminous colours, hi-tops, and shoes that Marty McFly jr would have worn in Back to the Future II.

Good job I've got two pairs of hardly worn sneaks lingering around the back of the cupboard, otherwise I'd be in serious new trainer trouble.

Comment

hmm

Well, yes. I like the idea of squatting on these threads that no-one else has any use for. Making good use of valuable internet that would otherwise go to waste.

So: I was on the train to work this morning, and I could hear the tinny, "tshh-ch tshh-ch" of a Walkman or MP3 player playing slightly too loud, and I strained to try and hear it was that was being listened to. It took me a few moments to work out what it was, and it was "All Night Long", by Lionel Ritchie. As I got off the train at Worthing, I looked over to see what sort of person would be listening to such a song. I don't quite know what I was expecting, but it turned out that it was a 16 year old-ish slightly goth (what is it that they call this nowadays? Emo? I'm out of touch with this sort of thing) girl. For some reason, this made my day.

Comment

hmm

Trabs?

Comment

hmm

My latest pair:

I like them. Comfortable and not too, well, ridiculous.

(No, I don't have three feet)

Comment

hmm

They look eerily like the trim quik. If I'm right, and that's what they've done to them, I'm out of here. Gone. Forever.

Comment

hmm

Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                        Trabs?
                        Trainers. I assume it comes from Trimm Trabs, but who really knows?

Comment

hmm

I bought them because they're the closest thing I've found so far to the best trainers I've ever owned.

RIP Puma Del Mundo LS.

Comment

hmm

What do you train at in shoes like that? Bocce?

Comment

hmm

My lifelong secret, out to the world.

Actually, I wear them for "leisure", if that counts.

Comment

hmm

Can I just mention how gobsmackingly beautiful the Milau bridge is?

Then there's the Cinelli Laser, just how gorgeous is that?

Comment

hmm

I saw that bridge on the television the other night. "Top Gear" or something, I would have thought. It was swiftly added to my list of life-long ambitions.

Comment

hmm

EIM wrote:
                                    Spearmint Rhino wrote:
                                    Trabs?
                                    Trainers. I assume it comes from Trimm Trabs, but who really knows?
                                    Who even says that? I live in Britain. You live in Britain. What gives? I swear you make this stuff up.

Comment

hmm

Scousers, mainly.

Comment

Working...
                                      X