I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

49 years ago today, we saw this for the first time. Still amazes me how little well-known it is as an image. It's a corker of a pub quiz question, asking just what this image is - I've set it in the past as a question on ones I've compiled, and most people will guess Mars, or Venus.

Who is 'we'. I'm 41...and you're younger than me.

And where do those roads lead?

Comment

The motorway network in development leading into the point kind of half-way between the centre and "2 o'clock" is where the Glazers are building Man United's new stadium, once Branson can fly their fans there from Heathrow for home games.

When Ronaldo dives in 1/6 gravity it will take him thirteen seconds to hit the ground. And he'll be able to score from free kicks taken inside his own six-yard box.

Comment

In all the letters I've written to NASA and other nations' governing space agencies, I've always expressed my desire to see the moon - when colonized - served exclusively by a well-funded public transit system.

I've also expressed a preference for monorails.

We shall wait and see.

Comment

There is no dark side of the moon really. As a mather of fact, it's all dark.

Comment

Tell Pink Floyd that. I dare ya.

Comment

Mercury really does have a dark side - it's tidally locked. Which is a convenient excuse for me to mention that Messenger performed its second flyby on Monday.

Comment

Working...
              X