Sometimes It Snows In April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, didn't expect that when I threw open the curtains. The train journey back to Brighton's gonna be fun... still, a welcome Prince earworm.

I hate snow. I'm in Docklands but I have to get back to Ealing later. The tubes had better be running properly.

Comment

Woke up to quite a lot of snow in Oxford, but sunshine for the last hour or so has meant that it is now melting fast. The local roads are now mainly just wet.

Comment

Glorious sunshine here. Might go out for a bike ride over the hills in a bit.

Comment

Had to get up at 7am for work, it was a rather nice surprise. Very cold and not a cloud in the sky then, lovely. Most has melted now, sun is quite strong at this time of the year.

Comment

SR, I hope you don't suffer the bus replacement hell that blighted my return to Brighton from Victoria last night.

The snow has pretty much settled in Brighton this morning, which is unusual.

Comment

Living less than 100yards from the beach we never get snow here ... until today!

Comment

There are precedents. The start of the cricket season, Apr 13, 1999:

Comment

I rode 400 miles yesterday. (Farnham-Yeovil-Farnham, then Farnham-Bexhill-Farnham. It was to look at scooters I'm thinking of buying.) I knew this weather was coming which was why I did it then, rather than today.

Comment

Heh.

I'm just back from a three day stag do in York and was not expecting such a downturn in the weather. I should've stayed there.

Comment

It was lovely to wake up to a blanket of snow, there's something magical about it, makes me happy. Wish it happened more often.

Shame it all went so quickly.

Comment

It's okay on a Sunday (quite nice, in fact), but you wouldn't want it on a Saturday, when there's football to be played.

Comment

What's wrong with orange balls?

Comment

Ah I thought you were talking about cricket there for a second. Seeing half the time there's a white ball flying around, that wouldn't have been a daft question.

Comment

Cricket in the snow might be interesting to watch.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your balls, TonTon.

But if you like snow, you're really going to have to take a good look at Toronto if you do come over. We've had, so far, six and a half feet of snow this winter. We're still ten centimeters short of the record and I don't think we're going to break it at this late date.

Comment

Six and a half feet? How cool is that? You are so lucky.

Comment

It's fucking shit, TonTon, especially when you get it a foot at a time and it all melts slowly. Most depressing winter ever.

Comment

I got caught in it Saturday night. That was fun.

Comment

Yesterday morning I got woken up by YMG yelling "JESUS CHRIST ON A BIKE!" when he opened his curtains. He and LMG spent about 20 minutes dressing up to go and play for 5 minutes in teh snow before succumbing to the cold and the lure of the playstation.

Comment

Oh, and it snowed in Leeds on June 1st 1995. No more than a flake or two, but unmistakeable.

Comment

I love how YMG has taken on your turns of phrase.

Comment

There was a bit of snow on sunday morning, beautiful sunshine and it was cold, enjoyed my walk to work but I wished I could hop on a train to the country for a bracing walk. No snow but frost this morning, again cloudless skies. I'm off tommorrow, so Peak District here I come, should be a nice cold and clear day, maybe with the odd drizzle (which should be graupel up there).

Comment

It was a bastard. Get diagnosed with pneumonia on Thursday, presuade the doctor to not admit me, so I can come to the UK and go to a conference which in some ways is the central point of my year, drive 4 hours to Bucharest, get on a plane, and fly to the UK where at least i assume it will be spring - and there's a frigging blizzard raging in London. I get the feeling it hasn't really helped.

Comment

YMG is a weed. You should have locked him out until the snow melted so that he really appreciates the Great Outdoors and how rubbish it is most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X